Report: Israeli windsurfers denied visas to go to Malaysia

rooster59

If this was only for Israeli then I feel sorry for the Israeli athletes, but in this case the article is poorly written.

It is presented as a general rule. If it is, then it is their choice to not go

Do you know of many international sporting competitions which forbid national symbols? Especially competitions organized by national sporting associations?

Don't tempt me as I have some links ready for you about sport events in Israel and palestinian flags...

We are discussing an international sporting event, involving multiple countries. Only one was singled out and discriminated against. The relevant international sporting organizations issued a directive (linked previously) which condemns and forbids these sort of things.

Without going off-topic, you'd need a link describing similar Israeli restrictions toward Palestinians, relating to an international sport competition hosted by Israel.

Even if this was the case, by the way, it would not justify or legitimize the Malaysian conduct - we are often reminded by certain posters that two wrongs do not make a right. Right?

that singled out country needs to ask why it is the only country singled out maybe?

you talk like it is single out without a reason.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my impression that Israel excels in water sports.

So Israeli athletes may have won.

So here is my message of protest to the nation of Malaysia and all who support their bigotry against Israel:

dear dear ,...not exactly one to sing along to , forgoten it already

It's my impression that Israel excels in water sports.

So Israeli athletes may have won.

So here is my message of protest to the nation of Malaysia and all who support their bigotry against Israel:

dear dear ,...not exactly one to sing along to , forgoten it already

Really? I think it's stirring.

Zionism is really cool.

Especially going with Hebrew. That was inspired.

I suppose the short version (especially with those HUNKS) is probably better:

Edited by Jingthing

We are discussing an international sporting event, involving multiple countries. Only one was singled out and discriminated against. The relevant international sporting organizations issued a directive (linked previously) which condemns and forbids these sort of things.

Without going off-topic, you'd need a link describing similar Israeli restrictions toward Palestinians, relating to an international sport competition hosted by Israel.

Even if this was the case, by the way, it would not justify or legitimize the Malaysian conduct - we are often reminded by certain posters that two wrongs do not make a right. Right?

that singled out country needs to ask why it is the only country singled out maybe?

you talk like it is single out without a reason.

I talk as if this is an international sports competition. When a country accepts hosting one, it generally implies participants from all countries may attend under the same conditions. Malaysia is welcome to ban or boycott Israel and Israelis, it is not welcome to do so when hosting such an event. ISAF's message is quite clear on that.

Exactly. But this will take time.

Reminds me of the sporting boycott of Apartheid S. Africa: suspended from FIFA, expelled from the olympics, ejected from the Davis Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_boycott_of_South_Africa_during_the_apartheid_era

The world has had enough, and I believe similar boycotts will come to pass for this immoral regime as well.

Do you know of many international sporting competitions which forbid national symbols? Especially competitions organized by national sporting associations?

Don't tempt me as I have some links ready for you about sport events in Israel and palestinian flags...

You re asking me a question right?, I tell you I can provide you an answer, simple as that!

Does this bother you?

Yes there are international events hosted in israel where the palestinians cannot go or their flag was spitted on.

I don't say it makes it right, just read my previous answers to be sure of that...but do not ask me something, then telling me the answer i would give will prove your point or is off topic...