Problem to get a Visa Exempt Entry at Ban Pakkad / Pong Nam Ron / Prum Border

Hello,

Today I went to this Cambodian border (Ban Pakkad / Pong Nam Ron / Prum).

I'm a French citizen so I should get 30 days visa exempt entry.

On departure of Thailand the officer said I would get only 7 days or 15 days because I exit Thailand too much??

The recent history of my passport is;

- 6 months on double Entry Visa

- 7 months overstay

- 6 months on double Entry Visa

Before to go get a Single entry Visa to Laos, I thought to stay 4 months with 2 visa exemption + 2 extensions.

But what happened today makes me worry.

The officer at departure said he can not choose, it's the computer software that would decide if I get a visa exempt entry of 7 days, 15 days or 30 days.

When I came back a few minutes after for stamp in Thailand, it was another officer, she didn't ask anything and gave me 30 days, but the officer from departure left his seat and checked out what she was doing...

What was the matter here?

Thank you,

Alex

I'm guessing your 7 months of overstay didn't really play in your advantage.

As mentioned above 19 months in Thailand on a tourist visa makes the officers think that you are doing something which your visa doesn't allow = working.

I know working for an internet company or doing your business online doesn't actually fall under those conditions, but it's going to get a lot more difficult to keep doing what you do on your visa.

Maybe the multi-entry tourist visa they just came up with is a good option for you?

Edited by JoeW

why 7 months overstay i live in Thailand for 10 years now never had 1 day Overstay in 10 years and i dont understand why have to manny pepeoles are 0verstay

Because it's cheap, hassle-free and the likelihood of getting caught is negligible.

7 months isn't all that impressive. I've met people who have overstayed blissfully for years.

why 7 months overstay i live in Thailand for 10 years now never had 1 day Overstay in 10 years and i dont understand why have to manny pepeoles are 0verstay

Because they know the fine is cheap, if they are not caught and deported. If I ran immigration more than a few days overstay, banned from coming back.... I am harsh aren't I, and I live in Thailand. No sympathy for overstayer's.

I think the officer was giving you a warning more than anything else. He also may of not noticed your previous entries were from a tourist visa. There is a 90 day limit for out/in visa exempt entries at that crossing.

Thank you Ubonjoe.

What do you mean by 90 days limit at that crossing? Do you mean "per year"?

Can I do the same border run again at that crossing in 2 months (after 1 month I got + 1 month extension), so I can wait until April to go Laos and get a Tourist Visa?

I think the officer was giving you a warning more than anything else. He also may of not noticed your previous entries were from a tourist visa. There is a 90 day limit for out/in visa exempt entries at that crossing.

Thank you Ubonjoe.

What do you mean by 90 days limit at that crossing? Do you mean "per year"?

Can I do the same border run again at that crossing in 2 months (after 1 month I got + 1 month extension), so I can wait until April to go Laos and get a Tourist Visa?

It would appear you have already been 'warned' about using "visa exempt entries"

It is a decision you must make because no one here can guarantee that you will be successful in obtaining another VEE.

You are probably best advised to get a tourist visa sooner rather than later.