So is the Yamaha Tricity still available in Thailand?

watcharacters

Dropped as a total failure.

Still on Yamaha's website so obviously not. Must be a lot of Americans on here who don't understand that three wheeled scooters are hugely popular in Europe! Why extra stability in wet weather, extra grip when stopping etc. Ability to handle uneven road surfaces like cobbled streets etc. Quite a few ridding around in Bangkok.

I did a review a Youtube review of the Tricity on Youtube. It was a surprisingly stable bike. I liked it but thought it needed more power.

It's being discontinued in LOS, I believe.

It was a an excellent choice for amateur tourist drivers to rent (not that they should be driving here).

I did a review a Youtube review of the Tricity on Youtube. It was a surprisingly stable bike. I liked it but thought it needed more power.

It's being discontinued in LOS, I believe.

It was a an excellent choice for amateur tourist drivers to rent (not that they should be driving here).

Disagree horrible choice for first time riders. Too heavy. Underpowered. Pain in the ass to park. Wider for splitting lanes. Won't stand without a kickstand. How is this a good choice for beginners? How many times have you seen a beginner rider fall over when in motion?

Nah you have to dress like a pirate, this being the 21st century, to look like a plonker. Socks and sandals comes a close second.

If I see someone riding a Tricity, I think to myself "Oh there is someone riding a Tricity"

I think they are good for unexperienced tourist riders but i wouldn't be caught dead on one.

Either bike rental shops buy them or aging expats.

I have never seen a Thai riding one.

I see a Thai man riding the Tricity everyday, even though he is small the bike and rider look very odd together, not one of Yamaha's best bikes.

I think they are good for unexperienced tourist riders but i wouldn't be caught dead on one.

Very good for rough Thai roads for anyone who's ego is sufficiently developed but yes maybe not so good for people with low self esteem. Three wheeled scooters are very popular in Europe, even Italy where appearance is everything. Catching on in the US as well.

Very good for rough Thai roads for anyone who's ego is sufficiently developed but yes maybe not so good for people with low self esteem. Three wheeled scooters are very popular in Europe, even Italy where appearance is everything. Catching on in the US as well.

I actually test rode it and found it underpowered and clumsy. Its very forgiving if you make a mistake but its lacking the bike feeling.

If they bought the Piaggio MP3 500 into Thailand at a reasonable price id probably consider it because of the park brake that enables you to sit at the lights without the feet down. It rides like a three wheeled car.

Yamaha dropped the ball on that feature.

I actually test rode it and found it underpowered and clumsy.

Same power as PCX 125 but yes heavier. Given a variator tweak makes a huge difference. But it is designed for commuters not for canyons.

Its very forgiving if you make a mistake but its lacking the bike feeling.

The lacking feeling is a known trait. It is a function of the double wheels, but it will effortlessly hand mid corner pot holes or manhole covers.

Oh well I'll be alone then at the auctions when they get there!

Saw a Thai cop in Udon riding one last week.

Good bike for the right riders..

Archived