MFA reaches out to Burmese counterparts regarding death penalty for Burmese murder convicts

webfact

MFA reaches out to Burmese counterparts regarding death penalty for Burmese murder convicts

BANGKOK, 29 December 2015 (NNT) - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has reached out to Burmese counterparts, regarding the murder conviction and death penalty of two Burmese men by a Thai court.

Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said the ministry has spoken with the Burmese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, explaining that it was a matter of justice for Thailand and welcomed Myanmar to send legal counsel as appropriate.

Regarding the several protests in front of Thai embassies in various countries, Mr. Don said that emotions were running high, and that he hoped the demonstrations would not turn violent, which would not help either side.

The Samui Provincial Court recently handed the death penalty to Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, both age 22. They were convicted of the murder of 24-year-old David Miller and the rape and murder of 23-year-old Hannah Witheridge, who were discovered dead on Ko Tao island last year, September 15.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-29 footer_n.gif

>>Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said the ministry has spoken with the Burmese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, explaining that it was a matter of justice for Thailand<< Quote

Wrong!!

I was a matter of saving face for the useless RTP, and keeping their main drug-agent on the islands in business, so nothing got in the way of the cash flow heading to the airconned offices in Bangkok!!

Again the right decision made by the court. The TTP dod a reasonable good job and they got this one right. No mafia son here on this one. The process worked and they got what they deserved.

Way past time for your medication...............................coffee1.gif

Again the right decision made by the court. The TTP dod a reasonable good job and they got this one right. No mafia son here on this one. The process worked and they got what they deserved.

So how was it that the first investigating police officer Pol. Lt-Gen Panya Mamen was able to name the two murderers from CCTV evidence. But was promptly sacked and a new police inspector promoted who immediately went on the hunt for foreign culprits, eventually settling on a couple of Burmese boys, taking the pressure away from those two previously named men who are members of a rich Thai Koh Tao family, without any further investigations whatsoever. Smells very fishy to me !

They (the Burmese brass) aint gonna buy these BS tales. But are these protesters going to respond to continued stonewalling peacefully I wonder.

I'm sure they'll crack before the neanderthals here do. The B2 should get bail in embassy confines until the appeal is heard in court. The heat would die down considerably if that was the case

If it were 2 US or UK citizens ..would MFA also 'Pat them on the head' and say all is OK ..why have you a problem with our justice system ..?

It was 2 UK citizens murdered...........plenty of comment in the media but sweet F.A. from the Government and police, who apparently broke regulations by helping the prosecution in a capital case.

These murders happened the week after my birthday vacation in Thailand. I joined TV to keep up on the story but found out that this outcome is too common, suicide, accidental death, and kidnap by police never found too suspicious. If Thailand was not a major player in the seafood market(was hopefully) they would be blacklisted by every country.

Of course the outside world still thinks that Thailand is a paradise and this was a freak accident, I wish TV ranked number 1 on Google Thailand search.

Do I still like Thailand? Yes, and I plan to visit again but I will not be a naive relaxed tourist like I was before.

These murders happened the week after my birthday vacation in Thailand. I joined TV to keep up on the story but found out that this outcome is too common, suicide, accidental death, and kidnap by police never found too suspicious. If Thailand was not a major player in the seafood market(was hopefully) they would be blacklisted by every country.

Of course the outside world still thinks that Thailand is a paradise and this was a freak accident, I wish TV ranked number 1 on Google Thailand search.

Do I still like Thailand? Yes, and I plan to visit again but I will not be a naive relaxed tourist like I was before.

And please boycott Koh Tao as I hope every other tourist will

Thailand has had to many guilty verdicts that were obtained by less than legal law. Now it is coming back to haunt them. I am still not ready to agree or disagree with it. To many answers still left to be answered!

A Chinese couple that we know just came back from Koh Samui or Toh island and said it was lovely, it must be nice to blend in. The Burmese were probably thinking the same thing but thought wrong. I think that a boycott of these islands is in order, if they really want "Thailand for Thais" let's see how they feel without tourists.

Package deals for the islands are really cheap now but I told the wife Hell No!!! And hope others do too.