Personal items back to UK

Nigeone

Hi have a very small amount of personal items lying in Lamphun and need to get them safely back to the UK..Just wondering if anyone is shipping stuff back with room in container..Am happy of course to contribute to cost etc..Due to ill health I'm not able to get over to sort out but have friend there that can arrange it all that end..Hoping to be reunited with my bits and pieces with help from some kind Ex pat...Thank you

You can consider sending it by airmail as well, way faster. Proper packing needed. I found shipping too much hassle, the clearing etc. What kind of stuff is it?

You need a kind expat or Thai who can pack and send it to you. He must be 100% sure though it's not a cover-up for a drugs transport, as he need show is ID at the postal office and is responsible.

Edited by flyDelight

No, it's all legit . The remains of my possessions after my Thai wife upped and left me when my health went down hill..ho hum...I have sent stuff back by post and sadly some arrived broken but these items are to big for post..I have 8 lovely pictures crated in three say 3 ft by 2 ft plywood cases ,a desktop computer, a dewalt cordless and a few ornaments etc and a load of hand tools..Not massively bothered about the hand tools but the other stuff I so need..As for air I think costs would be prohibitive as the pictures in protection are quite heavy etc..But thanks guys for your input so appreciate it. Am hoping I might be able to land lucky with a ex pat packing up and heading home maybe ! Take care guys and Happy New year

PS, I have a friend storing them for me at the moment and I'm sure he would be happy to deal with pick up wtc as he knows I'm a honest guy...certainly wouldn't go within miles of drugs !!

Edited by Nigeone

The other option is speak to a local CNX Freight Forwarder, and get a sea freight shipment, door to door

The items could be boxed and put into a 20ft container

Goods / boxes which cannot fill a 20ft container known as TEU are shipped LCL ( Less than Container load )

Freight Forwarders would give you a cost based on the number of boxes, weight and CUM

I have a Thai friend in Ban Tawai she owns a freight/shipping agency. If you like I can ask her for information. She will need a detailed listing of your items for the bill of lading/price estimate. Just send me a pm if I can help like bring you in touch with her etc. Any idea what size crate it needs, 1/2m3? 1/1m3?

Quality woodworking tools? Dewalt? Hmmm yummy I don't mind buying them.

Edited by flyDelight

FlyDelight...Thanks so much for the reply...and you missed out as I travelled over a year ago to sell,all the stuff I'd shipped over and bought there. Had built a nice workshops ect and all the gear to fill it had shipped etc. the year before had just finished it and travelled back home here and my wife had cleared of..no warning or inclination etc...oh well...Had a lovely big Dewalt radial arm saw and a Triton saw workbench and Routers and attachment big Dewalt chop saw and the large stand..all new..!...All good stuff along with bandsaw planer thicknesses all,free standing.and all sold..broke my heart along with the wife !! Lol...anyway will work some sizes out and get back you...and thanks again...Happy New Year to you too...take care

Incidentally the goods are in Lamphun at the moment..

Edited by Nigeone

The other option is speak to a local CNX Freight Forwarder, and get a sea freight shipment, door to door

The items could be boxed and put into a 20ft container

Goods / boxes which cannot fill a 20ft container known as TEU are shipped LCL ( Less than Container load )

Freight Forwarders would give you a cost based on the number of boxes, weight and CUM

Thanks too for your kind reply..I had enquires about this form of transport before as I did have 8 boxes to send back but they seemed very expensive. In the end I sent them back via post and they arrived okay, one held back by customs for further enquiry with me , Decorated buffalo horn and they just wanted some confirmation of same. So they arrived okay but items broken..which pissed me off but again what could I do...limited insurance when you pack them yourself..! Anyway thanks too and Happy New year my friend

Don't assume airfreight is expensive,bits not if you are prepared to find a plastic, not wood, pallet, industrial wrapping, and straps x2. You can fill out the airwaybill yourself, there is no need for an agent.

You'll need a truck at both ends, and a lift at this end, at the home end, you breakdown the pallet off the truck. Easy. Hire-drive yourself in the UK, they will lift the pallet onto your truck at clearance. I have done this from Singapore to Glasgow 2 years ago.

Edited by dhream

Note you obviously need a shipping company, they'll weigh and facilitate clearance, assign a flight etc. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS AN agent who would handle the entire door to door process and airwaybill, which any shipping company will email you on request. Sorry all the info is peicemeal, Im remebering details as the evening wears on...

Don't assume airfreight is expensive,bits not if you are prepared to find a plastic, not wood, pallet, industrial wrapping, and straps x2. You can fill out the airwaybill yourself, there is no need for an agent.

You'll need a truck at both ends, and a lift at this end, at the home end, you breakdown the pallet off the truck. Easy. Hire-drive yourself in the UK, they will lift the pallet onto your truck at clearance. I have done this from Singapore to Glasgow 2 years ago.

How is it priced by air ? I would guess by weight? I know this is messy but at the moment I can't afford to come to Thailand so too much to ask my friend to sort what your suggesting out. The stuff is however in study packing boxes and the pictures already in Ply crates etc so ideally sea in a container would be best..Also I'm not in mainland Britain ,am on a island so this also is a problem...I know I'm making it difficult but maybe there is someone shipping back in the new year ?!