Euro Optic Pattaya

Suradit69

I went in a few days ago to get new progressive & transition lenses. It's been something between 2 to 3 years since I got the pair I'm using now so I assumed I must be ready for a new prescription even though I haven't had much of a problem with the ones I have.

After the eye exam and check of my last two prescriptions I was told that the new prescription would be a very minor change and not worth spending the Baht 20,000 to Baht 25,000 (plus new frames) that I'd have to pay for the new lenses. It was suggested I wait 6 months to a year before checking again.

Just thought I would post an appreciative comment since they could easily have said nothing and sold me the new glasses to their profit.

I've been using Euro Optic for several years. Purchased 3 pairs of glasses there over that time. Always excellent service, and similar experiences with money saving options. My latest example was a need for repair. I had fallen (let's not get into the "why" of that!), and badly scratched one lens. I went in to have it replaced. She quoted me the price (5000 baht for high magnification bi-focal). When she examined the glasses more carefully, she discovered that there were some less obvious, but still significant scratches on the other lens. She had both replaced for the price of just the one I had initially requested.

I highly recommend her for your eye examination and eyeglass needs.

Had my eyes tested about 1 month apart first by Euro Optic and Vision Express while back in the UK, both to get new lenses for old frames. The prescriptions were identical so I have no issues with the accuracy of Euro Optics eye exam.

Last month, one of my flexon spectacle frames took a hammering and one of the lens holders snapped. Dropped them off at Euro Optic and she had them sent over to a technician they use (I think she said in Naklua) and 2 days later got them back with an almost invisible welded repair. Charged 500 baht so I have no issues with their repair service either.

My current specs come from this shop. I see no reason to go anywhere else for my next pair.

I do,First Optic Soi 17 south Pattaya Rd same-same 17% cheaper on past quotations

I wouldn't go anywhere else than Euro Optic even if the prices were 17% cheaper, assuming you're comparing the exact same lenses. We had a long thread of First Optic vs Euro Optic not long ago so there's no need for another one of them.

My current specs come from this shop. I see no reason to go anywhere else for my next pair.

I do,First Optic Soi 17 south Pattaya Rd same-same 17% cheaper on past quotations

I wouldn't go anywhere else than Euro Optic even if the prices were 17% cheaper, assuming you're comparing the exact same lenses. We had a long thread of First Optic vs Euro Optic not long ago so there's no need for another one of them.

Funny enough I would not go anywhere else than First Optic,should have said"at least 17% cheaper"

Get prices at the Euro place,spend 40 baht motor bike taxi to First Optic,most definitely will be not spending another 40 baht returning

I had new lenses fitted to my old frames at First Optic using a prescription that I got from Boots in the UK. I think they cost 450B per pair. Admittedly these are just reading/computer glasses but I do have several pairs with different strengths (desk, armchair, car, bedside table etc).

Some of my frames are 10 years old but still in service.

Maria at Euro Optics is the best. Very professional. personable and reliable. I live in Central Thailand and drove specifically to Euro Optics in Pattaya for a new checkup and prescription. Had my wife's eyes checked while we were there and bought new glasses for me and her. Back home my wife's glasses broke (arm came off). E-mailed Maria and she said to send them to her and she would take a look. Marie determined they couldn't be repaired and she sent pictures of 3 other frames, that would accept the lenses, for my wife to choose from. A week later we had the new glasses delivered to our home. No charge.

Maria is the best.

Maria has been an "old hand" in this part of the world. I remember getting my first glasses from her when she was running "Lao Optic" or so on Settathirat Road in Vientiane.
The shop folded up as the whole idea was too new for Vientiane then and she moved on (with clients like me). Pricing is not everything and customer, resp. after-sales service is something I - for one - appreciate and am also willing to pay for.
The others better go for the two-for-one options at Top Charoen or other shops with arguably hardly any clue except 20% discount - Nuff said!

Maria has been an "old hand" in this part of the world. I remember getting my first glasses from her when she was running "Lao Optic" or so on Settathirat Road in Vientiane.

The shop folded up as the whole idea was too new for Vientiane then and she moved on (with clients like me). Pricing is not everything and customer, resp. after-sales service is something I - for one - appreciate and am also willing to pay for.

The others better go for the two-for-one options at Top Charoen or other shops with arguably hardly any clue except 20% discount - Nuff said!

Just who are the "others"?. Yes I have been to Euro did not find it particularly good on service or more particular on price . Seeing as you have only experienced this one,obviously you are not knowing.

Stick with the one,the only one you know ,but for the "others" there is a far better option ,as other posters have found on this thread nuff said

Funny enough I would not go anywhere else than First Optic,should have said"at least 17% cheaper"

Get prices at the Euro place,spend 40 baht motor bike taxi to First Optic,most definitely will be not spending another 40 baht returning

The 17% is just a number you pulled up and proves nothing. Every individual has different needs. The quality of lenses varies greatly. Maria at Euro Optic spent weeks setting up my progressive lenses, which I didn't believe was possible after having wasted a lot of money at other opticians, including one in Malaysia. She set up 2 sets of temporary glasses to try at home before she made my final pair.

I appreciated the service there and would gladly have paid her the 17% + extra (you claim) as a tip, but sorry, I don't believe you are getting a better deal. I know you're a First Optic fanboy and nothing will ever change your mind, but without any proof, you're here once again hijacking a Euro Optic appreciation thread.

The 17% is just a number you pulled up and proves nothing. Every individual has different needs. The quality of lenses varies greatly. Maria at Euro Optic spent weeks setting up my progressive lenses, which I didn't believe was possible after having wasted a lot of money at other opticians, including one in Malaysia. She set up 2 sets of temporary glasses to try at home before she made my final pair.

I appreciated the service there and would gladly have paid her the 17% + extra (you claim) as a tip, but sorry, I don't believe you are getting a better deal. I know you're a First Optic fanboy and nothing will ever change your mind, but without any proof, you're here once again hijacking a Euro Optic appreciation thread.

No,17% not pulled from the hat,well documented in earlier thread,and the 17% more expensive than First Optics more than likely did not account for Euro,it was the next cheapest,so your choice could well be 30 or even 40% more expensive

The only appreciation you are showing is your wife is Filipino,likewise Euro Optics..Filipino. Yes things most definitely will change my mind if and when a better deal comes along that First Optic offers,but until then Ill stick to First Optic

...and as I mentioned,take the 40 baht taster,get prices at one,same-same product,go compare

No,17% not pulled from the hat,well documented in earlier thread,and the 17% more expensive than First Optics more than likely did not account for Euro,it was the next cheapest,so your choice could well be 30 or even 40% more expensive

r change your mind, but without any proof, you're here once again hijacking a Euro Optic appreciation thread.

The only appreciation you are showing is your wife is Filipino,likewise Euro Optics..Filipino. Yes things most definitely will change my mind if and when a better deal comes along that First Optic offers,but until then Ill stick to First Optic

...and as I mentioned,take the 40 baht taster,get prices at one,same-same product,go compare

I'm not showing appreciation for Euro Optic because the owner is Filipino. That's rather insulting actually as I am showing appreciation for a person who does her work very well, irrespective of her nationality. It does help a lot that she speaks English.

So let's just let it be. You stick with First Optic and I'll stay with Euro Optic. Isn't it time for you to start another First Optic appreciation thread?smile.png

20-25k plus the cost of frames. I am shocked at the price of glasses here in Thailand. The

markup is beyond fantastic. In Canada my mother pays 13k for a bifocal corrective lenses

with a transition treatment to darken the lenses in sunshine and I think that is expensive.

When she checked here when visiting it was double the cost of Canada. No wonder

the eyeglass shops are almost as ubiquitous as 7-11's. here in Thailand.

Any suggestion where to get the most indestructible frames at the best price? I recently discovered IC Berlin frames but not sure they are worth the outrageously expense price tag, ground floor central festival, kiosk sale and shop nearby.

Just who are the "others"?. Yes I have been to Euro did not find it particularly good on service or more particular on price . Seeing as you have only experienced this one,obviously you are not knowing.

Stick with the one,the only one you know ,but for the "others" there is a far better option ,as other posters have found on this thread nuff said

The other shop I used (as I reside in Bangkok for three decades) is St. Moritz between Sukhumvit Soi 5 and 7, where professionals are at work. But the choice is yours and good luck we live in a country of choice.

I, for one, just cannot see how people view everything over the price; but good luck there are different people too wink.png