Buses, trains & planes packed with people returning home

webfact

Buses, trains & planes packed with people returning home

BANGKOK, 31 December 2015 (NNT) – People returning home and other holiday makers have began leaving Bangkok on Wednesday, causing employees at bus terminals, train stations and the airport to have to work extra hard during this period.

The Transport Co. Ltd. has added 8,500 bus trips at the main bus terminals to make sure no passengers are left stranded. Around 170,000 passengers left the capital city on Wednesday alone. The total bus passenger number is estimated to reach 1.3 million over the New Year.

Three bus companies have been fined following complaints that some passengers have been overcharged and told to get off before their destinations.

Hua Lamphong Railway Station is also full of homeward-bound passengers. Related departments have arranged activities to entertain travelers and educate them on how to spend their New Year holiday safely.

Meanwhile, Don Mueang International Airport reportedly handled more than 96,000 passengers yesterday alone. The number of travelers is expected to soar today. Acting director Phet Chan-charoen advised domestic travelers to check in for their flights at Terminal 2.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-31 footer_n.gif

"Three bus companies have been fined following complaints that some passengers have been overcharged and told to get off before their destinations."

Admittedly, the only bus route I have ever taken was BKK-Pattaya, Pattaya-BKK and I paid my ticket in advance.

How does one get overcharged & dumped before a destination?

"Hua Lamphong Railway Station is also full of homeward-bound passengers. Related departments have arranged activities to entertain travelers and educate them on how to spend their New Year holiday safely."

Just what everyone wants on a big holiday, lessons on how to have fun.

Whoopief#####gdoo.

Edited by Bluespunk

"Hua Lamphong Railway Station is also full of homeward-bound passengers. Related departments have arranged activities to entertain travelers and educate them on how to spend their New Year holiday safely."

Just what everyone wants on a big holiday, lessons on how to have fun.

I have to admit, my first reaction was similar to yours.

But then I recalled all the times a long and monotonous layover was eased by some cheezy entertainment and sponsored activity, even as simple as watching the kids react with glee to some idiot (a respectfully intended characterization) in a clown suit making balloon animals.

So I salute them for making an attempt to ease the misery that has to be associated with a low budget trip during the jam packed holidays. (Not to insinuate they succeeded, but for the effort anyway)