Black + Decker

TheCruncher

Black & Deckers new business logo .......

http://www.businessinsider.com/black-and-deckers-new-logo-2014-1

attachicon.gifbplusd.png

read all about it.

Black & Decker Is Trying To Change Its Image

Maybe it's only me, but in my opinion it is a fail.

To me the product in the new package looks like cheap crap, while with the old package they succeeded to make that much less obvious.

screen%20shot%202014-01-13%20at%2012.30.screen%20shot%202014-01-13%20at%2012.33.

attachicon.gifbplusd.png

read all about it.

To me the product in the new package looks like cheap crap, while with the old package they succeeded to make that much less obvious.

yes... if they wanted to change their image, the best thing to do would have been to buy advertising speace and say "sorry for what we did until now, we promise not to make crap products anymore!!"

attachicon.gifbplusd.png

read all about it.

screen%20shot%202014-01-13%20at%2012.30.

This is one of the best cordless drills you'll ever get your mitts on. 18v is also a lot of reserve power.

I had a really big timed sprinkler system job to do a while back and I bought this and the matching reciprocating saw and an extra battery and charger. They were going to lay around in the dirt so much I didn't want to risk ruining my "good ones". They cost US $30 (1,080 baht) each at Lowes Home Improvement. They are made in China and I didn't expect they would be much good beyond this one job.

I used and abused them for a month. I'll post a pic of just part of the yard I was working with. I used my Bobcat excavator to dig the ditches and back fill. I was using 2" pipe and fitting in schedule 40. This thing had 13 stations, more than 100 rainbird sprinkler heads, and more that 3,000 feet of pipe and who knows how many fittings. I can't even guess how many cuts I made or how many holes I drilled.

This was rugged terrain and all dirt - dirty tools every day.

They are still the best tools of their type in the shop.

Cheers.

post-164212-0-22394200-1451581522_thumb.

B&D has always been crap in my opinion. In the states but esp. here. They just don't last very long.

I have two B&D cordless screwdrivers, one's 17 years old, and a Hitachi. When I want to use one I always choose the B&D as it's better. The biggest problem is finding repair parts here.

A good supplier of Dewalt and repair parts is Buriram Home and Garden. The biggest problem is that if you don't have the part number of the part, only the model number of the end item, if it is no longer in production they can't cross reference it since they don't have access to the old data base.

• 2 weeks later...

Was helping wifes uncle buy a small Honda petrol engine to drive machinery and someone is branding their engines Honda and they are not from Honda. This was in one of the wassadus; the sales guy said it was not from Honda and had no guarantee. I was suspicious as the cage over the pull cord was plastic and could not believe Honda would use plastic when there engines get left out in the sun in the fields. Thus uncle coughed up a couple thousand baht more and we bought an original Honda with a guarentee.

While I am here I can believe the wassadus sells drills, etc, without warentees. I was after a Bosch sds+ driĺl copy; I was offered a no guarentee one for 1500 baht and a 3 month guarentee one for 1900 baht; I went for the guarentee one. Bosch original is 6500 baht. Copy is good enough for diy as long as you keep an eye on how hot it gets and let it cool down.

• 1 month later...

I've bought a Black & Decker string trimmer for the garden and it has worked fine for a compact yard. However my wife is much happier with the Makita UR300 string trimmer she uses in her village residence. I took her Hitachi 18 volt hedge trimmer to the Buriram Builders merchants Repair Department this afternoon. Some back and forth banter on adjustments and lubrication with the Hitachi female models which seemed a bit out of place in an authorized tool repair service center.

post-20604-0-66458600-1455899717_thumb.j

I've bought a Black & Decker string trimmer for the garden and it has worked fine for a compact yard. However my wife is much happier with the Makita UR300 string trimmer she uses in her village residence. I took her Hitachi 18 volt hedge trimmer to the Buriram Builders merchants Repair Department this afternoon. Some back and forth banter on adjustments and lubrication with the Hitachi female models which seemed a bit out of place in an authorized tool repair service center.

post-20604-0-66458600-1455899717.jpg

Where has the time gone when companies used pretties to promote their products.

Archived