• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Aussie attempts epic endurance sport feat in Phuket

rooster59

Aussie attempts epic endurance sport feat in Phuket

1_20161211204893_yKplYguhUmgufMsbTcHhhKZ

PHUKET: An Australian living and training on Phuket will make an epic endurance sport attempt tomorrow as he embarks on a three-day, non-stop triple circumnavigation of Phuket by prone paddleboarding, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) and running.

Damien Rider, 33, already made headlines in Phuket when he completed a local SUP adventure, circling the island to raise awareness for his self-funded organization: Paddle Against Child Abuse (story here). Prior to this, he found himself in international headlines as he paddled 800km of shark-infested waters off the westcoast of Australia. The epic journey has been captured in the recently released National Geographic documentary ‘Heart of the Sea’.

“January third is World Paddle Day and will be one year to the day that I did my original 800km paddle,” Mr Rider told the Phuket Gazette this week. “I want to continue pushing myself and showing others what is possible when you put your mind to it. It seems that if I do extreme events, people get motivated to get started to be active.”

The new-age, paddle-packed triathlon will be the first of its kind for Mr Rider, Phuket and perhaps the world. Mr Rider confessed that he was unaware of anyone else having linked the three endurance sports together for a similar challenge anywhere else on Earth.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Aussie-attempts-epic-endurance-sport-feat-Phuket/62781?desktopversion#ad-image-0

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-02

Typical Australian, attention disorder

If this is humor, I'm missing the joke.

The guy is awesome.... Read... self funded organization paddle against child abuse... That alone is inspirational

Further, to have already achieved an amazing feat of paddling 800 km thru shark infested waters is remarkable... Probably not done since World War Two, when the Australian Z force paddled into Japanese waters on covert operations

Legendary!

Support the man... Don't critize or attempt to belittle.

Yes it was humor. I admire the bloke. Did anyone see the report of fella in his 60,s recently paddle a boat not stop Canada to Australia. Paddled 15 hours a day. Well done to adventurers

John Beeden is 53, British, and rowed from San Francisco to Cairns (averaging 15 hours per day). Although admittedly he looks 73!

Typical Australian, attention disorder

I'm guessing you know NO Australians if you think he's a 'typical Australian'.

On what do you base your statement? Do you know what an 'attention disorders' is?

I often think that people like him are self promoting w*****s, but when I noted the cause for which he's doing it, I'm prepared to forget that. It will be quite a feat.

Edit: I just read your post saying your first post was humour. You have an odd sense of humour.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Just a small correction from the initial story.

he paddled 800km of shark-infested waters off the westcoast of Australia. The epic journey has been captured in the recently released National Geographic documentary ‘Heart of the Sea’.

It was actually off the East coast, from The Gold Coast to Bondi.

​I doubt he would have survived trying that on the west coast.