Thaksin 'requests British Visa'

george

On a more serious note: I truly believe that Thaksin's life is in danger if he were to return to Thailand, so I am sure the U.K. will grant him leave to stay.

The question is, will some of his enemies follow him to London with malice aforethought?

Thai television news tonight (ITV) showed Thaksin arriving in Thailand....it could have been old footage, I don't know. Anyone else see this. Is he back?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Thaksin arrived in the UK from the states you can be sure that MI6's desk officer in Bangkok was instructed to provide 'further and better' details concerning 'you know who's' current circumstances and movements.

You can be sure an intelligence provision was enabled to assure round the clock surveilance of Thaksin, his next of kin and associates in London (both electronic and visual).

Thaksin is, undoubtedly, an embarrassment to the UK government......but then again he should feel quite at home in the company of another international embarrassment......B.Liar......

On a more serious note: I truly believe that Thaksin's life is in danger if he were to return to Thailand, so I am sure the U.K. will grant him leave to stay.

The question is, will some of his enemies follow him to London with malice aforethought?

Thai television news tonight (ITV) showed Thaksin arriving in Thailand....it could have been old footage, I don't know. Anyone else see this. Is he back?

No, this is incorrect.

This must be old footage.

The current regime will only allow him back , under their terms, to face charges of malfeasance and corruption whilst in office, when the time is right.

Thaksin is finished!

Griffer,

Glad to see that you are alive and well. You haven't lost your writing abilities. This was very amusing - as always. You can add a lot of excitement to the forum when you want to. Keep it up.

I'm looking forward to your next post. GREAT JOB!!!!! :o

I like sriracha john's idea of having Mr Big do a Jack Golf visa run to France. If there isn't already a Jack Golf branch in Ol' Blighty, maybe this is a good franchise idea for a TV mamber? :o

Maybe easier he marries an english girl (UK wife stamp in the passport)....

Ever the consumate businessman, Thaksin has decided to start his own visa run service to the French coastline with his state-of-the-art craft: The SS Thakky:

Registered in Liberia, I'm sure. I guess he didn't want to pony up the franchise fees to Jack Golf, eh? :D

It may not be much to look at, but it's more seaworthy than what he left Chaturon with:

post-9005-1160929379_thumb.jpg

Registered in Liberia, I'm sure. I guess he didn't want to pony up the franchise fees to Jack Golf, eh? :o

It may not be much to look at, but it's more seaworthy than what he left Chaturon with:

Indeed. Not even Liberia would want to register that. :D

I am quite convinced he will recieve any visa he wants in the UK. The "law" pretty much wherever you go applies only to scum like us [sUV or not] Yes, the UK will get on its high horse a bit to show his application is being treated no differently to anyone elses, but the fact of the matter is this:

Big T- "Oi giz a visa NOW, boy. I am stinking rich."

UK- "There you are, sir."

Mohammad al Fayed has been refused citizenship, but do you see him being booted out? "Dame" Shirley Porter, who pissesd off to Israel for a bit to let it all calm down after being caught red handed? "Never mind, just give us a few bob in tax to make it look like we have actually done somethig, and welcome back."

Again, I say the law applies to us not them.

I am quite convinced he will recieve any visa he wants in the UK. The "law" pretty much wherever you go applies only to scum like us [sUV or not] Yes, the UK will get on its high horse a bit to show his application is being treated no differently to anyone elses, but the fact of the matter is this:

Mohammad al Fayed has been refused citizenship, but do you see him being booted out? "Dame" Shirley Porter, who pissesd off to Israel for a bit to let it all calm down after being caught red handed? "Never mind, just give us a few bob in tax to make it look like we have actually done somethig, and welcome back."

Not sure about his.

The enemormity of his excess whilst in office is beyond belief!

For sure....Thaksin's a hot potato.....and I predict very soon an express train of allegations of wrong-doing and impropriety, whilst he was in office, will ensure that he is brought to justice here in Thailand.

The guy's a crook.

Not sure about his.

For sure....Thaksin's a hot potato.....and I predict very soon an express train of allegations of wrong-doing and impropriety, whilst he was in office, will ensure that he is brought to justice here in Thailand.

The guy's a crook.

As the current/former regimes are. :o

I like sriracha john's idea of having Mr Big do a Jack Golf visa run to France. If there isn't already a Jack Golf branch in Ol' Blighty, maybe this is a good franchise idea for a TV mamber? :o

Ever the consumate businessman, Thaksin has decided to start his own visa run service to the French coastline with his state-of-the-art craft: The SS Thakky:

Registered in Liberia, I'm sure. I guess he didn't want to pony up the franchise fees to Jack Golf, eh? :D

surely this cannot be thaksin

as he would leave all his sh... it behind as usual

but there again with the angle of the pan

maybe the poo falls away behind while it looks like he's taking all his crap with him

just good pr

bit like the new labour here then they just move the poo around and never deal with it

good post by bulmercke about b.liar

Not sure about his.

The guy's a crook.

As the current/former regimes are. :o

With the exception being that Thaksin took corruption to unprecedented levels of any predecessor and will likely be unmatched for generations to come.

He and his supporters can proudly cheer:

"We're Number One.....We're Number One....Rah Rah Rah....We're Number One"

Not sure about his.

The guy's a crook.

Thankfully we in the UK still have a fundamental tenet of law that states that one is innocent until proven guilty (even if our cousins in the White House seem to be rolling it back their side).

Personally I have absolutely no problem with Thaksin legally applying for a visa in the UK, but would also have absolutely no problem with our immigration rescinding such visa if he is found guilty of any charges that may be brought against him. To disallow a visa solely on conjecture would be a travesty of British justice.

Of course, even if he is found guilty, he might even have a case for application for asylum. I certainly can't think of any extra-judicial regime change anywhere in the world in the past that didn't partake in...er...revisionist history. Not saying that this one did, of course...

I am in no way trying to defend Thaksin, but I'd be gutted if our judicial system in the UK refused him a visa because of what he had alleged to have done, rather than what he had been proven to have done.

Well hes not a bad refugee with all that money!

Better than most of the flotsam that arrives in heathrow every day.

Lets face it ,its usualy the other way round with england exporting so many petty crims,fraudsters and time share salesman to pattaya ,phuket etc etc.

Wonder what sort of business he will open?

OK....Lets not get emotional about this and put logic first....

1. Do we want him back here ?

2. Will he be a burden on Tax payers money ( p.s. officals costs are sunk, not incremental, and 1 more person getting a stamp wont break the bank ).

Recon its best he stays in UK for the time being until things settle in. Other wise he can come to Oz. I hear Lightning Ridge is a great place for him to practice his skills.

Not sure about his.

The guy's a crook.

Thankfully we in the UK still have a fundamental tenet of law that states that one is innocent until proven guilty (even if our cousins in the White House seem to be rolling it back their side).

Personally I have absolutely no problem with Thaksin legally applying for a visa in the UK, but would also have absolutely no problem with our immigration rescinding such visa if he is found guilty of any charges that may be brought against him. To disallow a visa solely on conjecture would be a travesty of British justice.

Of course, even if he is found guilty, he might even have a case for application for asylum. I certainly can't think of any extra-judicial regime change anywhere in the world in the past that didn't partake in...er...revisionist history. Not saying that this one did, of course...

I am in no way trying to defend Thaksin, but I'd be gutted if our judicial system in the UK refused him a visa because of what he had alleged to have done, rather than what he had been proven to have done.

Didnt stop them rejecting many of our Thai families visa applications. Allegedly they might take up prostitution or become economic migrants. And these are regular good people not corrupt.

Guilty before proven innocent.

Just one law for the rich.

Not sure about his.

The guy's a crook.

Meerkat - some good points - and I agree with what you say.

Actually - the more I think about this so called desire by Thaksin to return to Thailand - the fishier it seems. Let's face it - if you were in his position right now would you really want to return here and face the music? No, of course you wouldn't. Nobody in their right minds would.

I think this request to return here is a ploy by Thaksin to make it look as if he hasn't fled the country with his ill-gotten loot to a safe haven - the United Kingdom. "Hey....I haven't done anything wrong.....I'm innocent.....I am a democratically elected leader who was deposed by a military junta.....I have a fundamental right to return to my homeland."

But the reality of the situation is that he know's he's as guity as he-ll - this is why made extensive provisions for a permanent stay overseas - but it looks good if he makes it look otherwise. And I think the Evening Standard were correct in reporting that he has applied for a residence visa or whatever it is he has applied for -very telling!

Also the CDR probably don't want to deal with this issue right now - they've probably got enough on their plates right now to deal with.

And, of course, if he were to return then they would absolutely have no alternative but to arrest him and impose some kind of detention on him and bring charges against him of some sort within a short time frame.

His corruption and that of his government - and his clandestine attempt to bring about a state of emergency through inciting violence at the planned PAD protest were the justifications for this coup d'etat and the state of martial law that exists now.

In short, they would have to be seen to be doing something serious about Thaksin and the gross injustices that caused them to throw out Thaksin and the government in the first place.

In short - Thaksin doesn't want to return - the CDR don't want him to return - not right now - so nothing will happen!

Politics.

Edited by bulmercke

If the plane with the loot arrived in Finland, then I would expect that the Finnish governement would demand that they be notified prior to it being brought in. Generally, it is legal to transport a large amount of cash, but the (from- and to- countries) must be notified.

If Finland was not notified, then they can confiscate it?

Which currency was all of the cash?

Search the web- Mr T is very popular with the Finnish Government who have been keen until now to "cement asian thais " or was that ties??

The controversial key word here is "FINLAND", I bel :o ieve

In short - Thaksin doesn't want to return - the CDR don't want him to return - not right now - so nothing will happen!

Politics.

And they are not anymore called "CDR", which was changed from "CDRM", but renamed themselves recently "CNS" - Council for National Security.

Funny that these military juntas always have to change their names. :o

I stand corrected.

One day the investigators will move in among the wreckage of the Thaksin regime, lighting up the dark corners as they go and it will become clear that this 'entrepreneurial hero' had never been a magician or a mesiah - he had been a trickster, a juggler, a gambler, a crook riding his luck on a wave of popular policies and support in the provinces.

In Isaan they may be beginning to wonder why they could have loved Thaksin so much - they oohed and aahed as Thaksin dazzled them with his tricks - and now all this...... :D

One day the investigators will move in among the wreckage of the Thaksin regime, lighting up the dark corners as they go

They will not.

The only dark corners they will lighten will be the ones that other fractions, now also to be found on opposing sides, have not been involved in as well. And there will be very few ones.

One day the investigators will move in among the wreckage of the Thaksin regime, lighting up the dark corners as they go

They will not.

The only dark corners they will lighten will be the ones that other fractions, now also to be found on opposing sides, have not been involved in as well. And there will be very few ones.

Yes indeed, ColPyat. Those charged with investigating are now in a position to negotiate some gargantuan 'look the other way, there's insufficient evidence deals'.

• 1 year later...
................it will become clear that this 'entrepreneurial hero' had never been a magician or a mesiah -

he had been a trickster, a juggler, a gambler, a crook riding his luck on a wave of popular policies and support in the provinces.

A smoothy to be sure, but no better than a common thief in my opinion.

He robbed the Thai people blind. :o

................it will become clear that this 'entrepreneurial hero' had never been a magician or a mesiah -

he had been a trickster, a juggler, a gambler, a crook riding his luck on a wave of popular policies and support in the provinces.

He robbed the Thai people blind. :o

I agree, but try telling that to the Issan ppl. :D

He robbed the Thai people blind. :D

Why can't the Issan ppl see this? :o