Bank statements in support of non-immigrant O visa

Hi,

I have to support my non-O visa application with financial details, which require my presenting my Australian bank account statements. I know that all overseas documents must be certified by the Australian embassy.

But I was wondering it was necessary to have the bank statements translated into Thai or would the embassy certification be sufficient.

Thanks for any help

I'm applying at Chiang Mai. I'm into the process of applying as I went there on 21 Dec 15 and got a NON-O stamp in my passport with Admitted 21 Dec 2015 Until 19 Mar 2016. But I was advised that I need to come back on 19 Feb and show more documents such as an up-to-date financial statement.

I'm applying at Chiang Mai. I'm into the process of applying as I went there on 21 Dec 15 and got a NON-O stamp in my passport with Admitted 21 Dec 2015 Until 19 Mar 2016. But I was advised that I need to come back on 19 Feb and show more documents such as an up-to-date financial statement.

If you are applying for an "extension of stay based on retirement" (it is not a visa ) you will need 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or an income of 65,000Bht/month evidenced by your Embassy. It is also possible to meet the financial requirement by combining money in the bank with certified income to total 800,000 Bht.

Unless they were asking for back up proof for a statutory declaration used to prove your income of 65k baht you do not need statements from your bank. If they wanted them for that there would be no need for them to be certified or translated.

What financial proof did you supply when you a applied for the non immigrant visa?

Actually, I've applied for the visa on the basis of my marriage in October last year to my Thai fiance. This application was made on 2 December and I went to Chiang Mai Immigration on 24 December when my passport was stamped UNTIL 19 March 2016.

As I understand it, I will be able to obtain a multiple entry marriage visa when I attend the office on 19 February.

But I would welcome any comments or advice from members here. I'm sorry if I have details wrong, but I must say I find Thai bureaucracy opaque to say the least. Thanks

Actually, I've applied for the visa on the basis of my marriage in October last year to my Thai fiance. This application was made on 2 December and I went to Chiang Mai Immigration on 24 December when my passport was stamped UNTIL 19 March 2016.

As I understand it, I will be able to obtain a multiple entry marriage visa when I attend the office on 19 February.

But I would welcome any comments or advice from members here. I'm sorry if I have details wrong, but I must say I find Thai bureaucracy opaque to say the least. Thanks

If you wish to have a Multiple Entry VISA then that cannot be obtained from any Thai immigration office,

What you can apply for is an "extension of stay based on marriage" (it is not a visa) for which you will need 400K Bht in a Thai bank or an evidenced 40K/month income. Once you have the extension a multiple re- entry permit can be applied for at a cost of 3800 Bht.

I am completely lost as to what you have done.

Where was the visa issued in October? If it was issued by an an embassy or consulate it would of allowed a 90 day entry that you could of applied a one year extension of. stay at an immigration office..

A multiple entry visa can only be applied for at an embassy or consulate. You can apply for a extension of stay at immigration and then get a multiple re-entry permit if you want to travel.

Did you used some kind of visa agency?

If you need multiply entry visa just apply it at one of the consulates but their is no need to show financial proof from inside Thailand as None-O-M can't be applied in Thailand. Go to Laos and you can get a 1 year visa without showing any financial proof as long you are legally married in Thailand.

BTW: Its not a bad idea to show them some proof

@ubonjoe, sorry for the lack of clarity. The sequence of events is this:

23 October 2015 2 entry tourist visa issued by Thai Embassy, Vientiane

29 October 2015 got married

2 December Chiang Mai Office - Application of stay up to 20 January 2016

21 December 2015 Non-Immigrant Visa Chiang Mai Office Stamped "USED" 21 December 2015

24 December 2015 Stamp on passport stating "This person was admitted to change visa to look after the Thai wife in Lampang Province, Thailand" - Note this is a translation from the Thai.

24 December 2015 Stamp on passport "NON-O" Chiang Mai Immigration Admitted 21 December 2015 Until 19 March 2016

So February 19 2016 at Chiang Mai, I will apply for an extension of stay. Will this application require similar supporting documentation to the previous application on 2 December?

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 2

you will now need to apply for a 1 year extension based on having a Thai wife, you will need the same proof as before 400,00 baht or 40,00 baht per month, and any other document, photo's that are required at your office. You will not be applying for or getting a visa, it will be an extesion of stay.

Ok. All clear now.

Now that immigration have issued you with the non 'O' visa you can apply for an extension of stay which you plan to do on the 19th February.

If you apply for an extension based on marriage you will need to show a certified (by your embassy) income of a min 40k pm OR 400k in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the application date OR a combination of the two. Plus......

• Original marriage certificate and signed copy.
  • Signed copies of your wife's house book and ID.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages; photo ID, non 'O' visa (used), entry stamp and departure card.
  • Maybe form TM30.
  • 1 x photo.
  • 1,900 baht.

The extension of stay is not multiple entry. You will need to buy a re-entry permit (1,000 baht) every time you leave the country. Multiple re-entry permits are available for 3,800 baht.

A very rough guide on what you need.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

@khwalbah we were married in Thailand

to everyone, thanks for the great posts, very informative, very helpful

There is just one issue remaining :) . As I mentioned in my original post. I had intended to get my Australian bank statements authenticated at the Embassy in BKK. Would statements covering the last 6 months be sufficient?

There is just one issue remaining smile.png . As I mentioned in my original post. I had intended to get my Australian bank statements authenticated at the Embassy in BKK. Would statements covering the last 6 months be sufficient?

What financial proof did you use to get the visa?

I don't think the embassy can authenticate your bank statements. If they are only as backup to a statutory declaration of your income immigration would not ask for them to be authenticated. Only the last 3 months would be enough.

There is just one issue remaining smile.png . As I mentioned in my original post. I had intended to get my Australian bank statements authenticated at the Embassy in BKK. Would statements covering the last 6 months be sufficient?

Your Australian bank statements will not be accepted by the Thai immigration authorities.
As previously stated you need 400k Bht in a Thai bank OR a statement confirming an income of 40k/month obtained from your Embassy.

OP were you married in Thailand or Australia as that can make a difference.

Could you please elaborate. We were married and registered in Australia.

If you have a foreign marriage you have to bring that foreign marriage certificate to Thailand and go to your embassy in Bangkok and swear an affidavit on the certificate. Then you have this affidavit and certificated translate from your home country language to Thai and then these get registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or MFA for short. Now you can go to any amphur and have your marriage recognize and on fill in Thailand. For proof and you have to submit this to immigration for a marriage extension you need a Kor Ror 22 this you get at any amphur and cost about 20 baht. You normaly need a new one ever year. If you were married in Thailand it is a KR 2.

If you apply for an extension based on marriage you will need to show a certified (by your embassy) income of a min 40k pm OR 400k in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the application date OR a combination of the two.

Sorry but I made a mistake in post 14. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883719-bank-statements-in-support-of-non-immigrant-o-visa/?p=10270686

The combination method is not available for marriage extensions.

Edited by elviajero

Check with your embassy. I needed proof of income for my retirement extension. Went to my consulate for the form. The US Consulate did not require any proof of income from me.I just had to swear I had it. Best to check with yours.

If you are applying for an "extension of stay based on retirement" (it is not a visa ) you will need 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or an income of 65,000Bht/month evidenced by your Embassy. It is also possible to meet the financial requirement by combining money in the bank with certified income to total 800,000 Bht.

And it is accepted in English at CM immigration.

And it is accepted in English at CM immigration.

An Embassy letter certifying income written in English will be accepted

Easy go to Penang & get a Non O based on marriage. You will get a multiple entry but you need to leave & re enter every 90 days. No bank statements required.

Penang requires that you show funds for Non O based on marriage . Savannhaket Lao is the only Thai Embassy/Consulate in SEA that does not. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873979-penang-non-o-multiple-entry-1-year-based-on-marriage/

OP were you married in Thailand or Australia as that can make a difference.

Could you please elaborate. We were married and registered in Australia.

If you have a foreign marriage you have to bring that foreign marriage certificate to Thailand and go to your embassy in Bangkok and swear an affidavit on the certificate. Then you have this affidavit and certificated translate from your home country language to Thai and then these get registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or MFA for short. Now you can go to any amphur and have your marriage recognize and on fill in Thailand. For proof and you have to submit this to immigration for a marriage extension you need a Kor Ror 22 this you get at any amphur and cost about 20 baht. You normaly need a new one ever year. If you were married in Thailand it is a KR 2.

You also need the marriage documents certified by the THAI embassy in your home country.

Edited by Blue Muton