San Sai water pressure and cut-offs

LannaGuy

anyone else have this problem? we are getting cut off fairly regularly and the pressure is awful (yes have tank and 350 watt pump)

San Sai only please no tales from hang dong, city or san kampang as we all know the city is being developed and they won't have planned for all the new condos and malls but I want to focus on San Sai and it's problems only please

San Sai is very large and has many water systems so your inquiry makes no sense unless you specify specifically where you are referring to.

good God I am just asking IF anyone, in all of San Sai, has any water problems San Sai is not that large rolleyes.gif at least I narrowed it down the last post on this was the whole of Chiang Mai

With a large tank and pump, I have no idea whether water pressure has fluctuated or not.

Planned or known outages are announced by our guards as we go in and out and we apparently have not had one in a long time.

Where I live in Sansai, the pressure is reduced to something like 30% of normal starting every night around 23:30. They put it back to normal at around 5:30 each morning. This has been going on now for about 3 months. This is the 3rd time in about 3 years that they are upgrading the water system. Why not plan ahead???

Edit: No complete cut-offs like we used to get 3 years ago, and from 5:30 A.M. to 23:30 pressure is very good.

Edited by elektrified

Where I live in Sansai, the pressure is reduced to something like 30% of normal starting every night around 23:30. They put it back to normal at around 5:30 each morning. This has been going on now for about 3 months. This is the 3rd time in about 3 years that they are upgrading the water system. Why not plan ahead???

Edit: No complete cut-offs like we used to get 3 years ago, and from 5:30 A.M. to 23:30 pressure is very good.

as you can see complete cut off for days and firetruck filling up my tank. what do you mean plan ahead? any ideas? I have a 400 liter tank and a 350 watt pump but no city water :)

i live soi 3 about 5 mins from the 118

San Sai is very large and has many water systems so your inquiry makes no sense unless you specify specifically where you are referring to.

good God I am just asking IF anyone, in all of San Sai, has any water problems San Sai is not that large rolleyes.gif at least I narrowed it down the last post on this was the whole of Chiang Mai

Take a look at a map of Amphur San Sai and you will find that it is quite large, about 40 kilometers top to bottom. Very different water conditions in different areas.

as you can see complete cut off for days and firetruck filling up my tank. what do you mean plan ahead? any ideas? I have a 400 liter tank and a 350 watt pump but no city water smile.png

Sorry that my mistake in the way I worded it. I didn't mean you plan ahead - I meant the city.

Take a look at a map of Amphur San Sai and you will find that it is quite large, about 40 kilometers top to bottom. Very different water conditions in different areas.

I think it's just my area and 'Our Coffee House' has the same problem

Edited by LannaGuy

as you can see complete cut off for days and firetruck filling up my tank. what do you mean plan ahead? any ideas? I have a 400 liter tank and a 350 watt pump but no city water smile.png

Sorry that my mistake in the way I worded it. I didn't mean you plan ahead - I meant the city.

ah right... was hoping you might have another idea or way I could fix this I just have to wait the tessa baan sorting it out I guess but even when it's on it's low pressure or maybe I'm missing something as the house I have only just bought and maybe I have turned on or off some pipe on the tank by mistake because the tank seems to be emptying on it's own

Yes, he is right. The water department next to Kamthieng Market only handles a very small area of Sansai. They have already upgraded twice - almost all the way to Mae Jo along the Mae Jo Road. There is another water department out by the temple of hell which covers another area and at least 2 more covering different areas of Sansai. Currently they are upgrading the area along the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road due to all the new moobaans that were constructed.

Yes, he is right. The water department next to Kamthieng Market only handles a very small area of Sansai. They have already upgraded twice - almost all the way to Mae Jo along the Mae Jo Road. There is another water department out by the temple of hell which covers another area and at least 2 more covering different areas of Sansai. Currently they are upgrading the area along the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road due to all the new moobaans that were constructed.

I was just trying to find out which areas within san sai had a problem if any smile.png I'm am talking about the area near 'Our Coffee House'

https://www.facebook.com/ourcoffeehouse?sk=posts_to_page

Edited by LannaGuy

I live in Sansai , Sanameng near the Municipal office Water pressure at the present is 3 bar. (Very good )

me too... very strange all the properties around us were getting the fire truck fill ups (as in the photo i posted from 3 days back)

Ban Pong, a couple of km East of Mae-Jo, is said to be relying on tankers to top-up their village-water tanks.

My own village nearby still has our village-supply, but our own pump & tank have run dry a few times in the past weeks, due to very-low ground-water, so that the borehole is slow to refill when the pump is running.

A friend's village, nearer the mountains to the East, is on limited-hours morning/evening only.

I think this is likely to be an increasing problem, over the next few months, as ground-water levels fall further & sooner than in normal years.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjCgb2u4ZHKAhWPxY4KHVTQAvEQFgghMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bgr.bund.de%2FEN%2FThemen%2FWasser%2FProjekte%2Fabgeschlossen%2FTZ%2FThailand%2Fthailand_fb_01_pdf.pdf%3F__blob%3DpublicationFile%26v%3D2&usg=AFQjCNEGXeW5t2icKWVJlenm1Rf03prlWA&sig2=MtVKiRdAngFJ4KyLB0TwIQ&cad=rja

This German study suggests, to my inexpert eye, that Central & South-of-town areas are less likely to be affected, but that rain on the mountains to the North-East flows underground towards that central-pool, and this is the water passing under San Sai district, where we may now be seeing the early signs of a shortage ? sad.png

San Sai covers the entire area from the superhighway and surrounded by the 118 + old 1001 and new 1001.

I live right at the MaeJo end opposite the side entrance to MaeJo University.

My water is fine.

post-233622-0-89299400-1451974433_thumb.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

How much does it cost for these trucks to fill your tank?

free so far

Thats one of the reasons to live in a well run municipality, must go to one of the big parties they have every so often. that could be reason no 2.

if i knew when and where they were that might be reason to go! cheers

bit more news on water 'san sai style'

it's not city water but well water and pretty dirty, full of manganese, so i'll have to buy a filter system I'm told (around 40,000) and probably a bigger tank (mies 400 liter need 1000 I think). Cut off again yesterday so storage is the key.

it's not city water but well water and pretty dirty, full of manganese, so i'll have to buy a filter system I'm told (around 40,000) and probably a bigger tank (mies 400 liter need 1000 I think). Cut off again yesterday so storage is the key.

2000lt might be better if outages are common. Shouldn't the water be filtered before distribution?

2000lt might be better if outages are common. Shouldn't the water be filtered before distribution?

yes maybe 2000

i'm told by locals that filtering is the answer but I dont know if any basic filtering takes place but my tank is mired in manganese and who knows what else