Ladies - Support Required

Disco

Hi All

Thanks for your messages (and pm's from meme) was having a bit of a bad day yesterday and feeling sorry for myself :D

Had a long chat with one of my BF's from Farang land and feel much better (under the circumstances), your support is v. much appreciated :o

Girl friends can be the best medicine! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Take care,

Meme.

Hi Meme

What can I say, thank you for your kind emails, it rally is appreciated xx

Sorry to hear things aren't looking good, I hope they work out whichever way is best for you.

In the mean time, do a google image search of ducklings, that always helps me!

Hi Bellatrix

I so tried to google ducklings, i either didn't do it right or missed the point, thanx for your support xx

disco, do you have any children? there is a possibility of extension based on caring for one's Thai children. Check the visas forum for more info if applicable.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, hopefully you can get your life sorted and carry on with a minimum of difficulty

Hi again SBK

No I don't have any children yet, we were just trying to start a family when everthing when tits up, I'm a career women and have just got to a point where I had everything in place to be stable for life....now I'm worried that it's goin to be too late, I'm not that old yet, but not so far off, before I met my husband I never wanted childred, then fell in love and then deceided I wanted to give them the best opportunities in life that I waited, and now I realise how important it is it might be too late for me to find someone else to share the same experiences with...at least I'm a 'God Mother' in farangland and she's is as cute as...and will hopefully be a partner in crime later in years...

Thx

it might sound silly but you should try taking a yoga course while you are in bangkok too. yoga has helped me deal with stress in an amazing way. i learned tantra yoga, which isn't as sleazy or sex-oriented as it has a reputation for being in the west, but rather is combined with a lot of intensive meditation and breathing. works wonders. i know there is a good one near chitlom, yoga elements i think it is?

That's a great idea, thanx, I shall try all ideas posted here. The yoga will also help to eliminate said chocolate truffle overdose as well :o

p.s. think I may be turning into Bridget Jones.......

In a similar vein, I highly recommend a Vipassana meditation retreat. Offered twice a month at an excellent facility in Prachinburi. If you are interested go to website www.dhamma.org for general information, for the Thailand schedule click on Asia then Prachinburi, Thailand.

It will give you a whole new perspective and start.

Hi Sheryl

Another excellent idea, like i said before I will try all recommendations...

I am very sorry for you. The same happened to me (including breathing problems, sudden homelessness and all). I just hope that your in-laws don't make your life more miserable - as was the case with me. For me it helped to tell myself I was at a low point of my life. So I did not fight feeling miserable, but now things are improving. I so much hope the best for you.

Hi Sparkle

I'm very lucky with the family, they all support me BUT my husband is the oldest boy and therefore they can't really have much influence on his actions even though they want to. They are lovely people and I miss them very much....xxx

Hi All

Thanks for your messages (and pm's from meme) was having a bit of a bad day yesterday and feeling sorry for myself :D

Had a long chat with one of my BF's from Farang land and feel much better (under the circumstances), your support is v. much appreciated :o

Girl friends can be the best medicine! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Take care,

Meme.

Hi Meme

What can I say, thank you for your kind emails, it rally is appreciated xx

Also Disco, on a side note. I will also be starting a new life in Bangkok as a student at Assumption (will move there in July). I am terrified as I have spent most of my time in the far south. You will have to keep me updated on how it goes in the big city. Maybe we can meet up sometime! I also think its great that you have something to focus on as this will require a lot of thought and energy. good to stay busy!

meme :D

disco, do you have any children? there is a possibility of extension based on caring for one's Thai children. Check the visas forum for more info if applicable.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, hopefully you can get your life sorted and carry on with a minimum of difficulty

It is the same as a visa for a guy married to a Thai. New regulations are 40,000 baht per month income, and formal evidence of parenthood.

Hi Dr Pat Pong

I ma in a v v difficult financial position coming out of this, however I am a proffesional person that allows me to be able to earn excellent income...like I say if one has to start all over again then that's just the way it is.....it could be worse (just) :o

disco.....sorry to hear that life seems to be getting even harder for you. if u dont mind telling me (perhaps via PM) some info about your background and work experience? i dont know of any jobs for farang at my office (difficult to get visa), but maybe if i come across something I can mention it to you? Im sure you can also do such search yourself, but thought that 4 eyes searching might mean more result.

and to both meme and disco......if there is something i can help during your transition to bangkok...do let me know. meme..deep south huh? do you mean one of the troubled deep south?

Hi Disco, sorry to hear things aren't working out. If you feel the need to talk, but don't want to do so openly you are welcome to PM me.

the the start

I, too, am married to a Thai man. Happily, fortunately, but you are right, it is difficult to involve other farang women who are married to Thais. I have seen the dissolution of a few friends marriages. But, luckily for me, my husband is capable of seeing the difference between a decent guy whose marriage doesn't work out and a sh!theel who treats his wife like dirt.

Good luck to you and remember to take care of yourself!

Hi SBK

I don't think (Island wise) that we are that far apart, in fact we probably know some of the same people between us!! Yes, I hope to think I married the right person who, for whatever reasons, took a different path and therefore had a huge impact on my life. I've asked my friends in Farangland what they thought about said husband when we 1st had difficulties hoping not to to hear "I told you so" and in fact everyone from all different walks of life were absoloutly gobsmacked when I told them, so that made me feel a lot better (well, sorta of , you know what I mean). Maybe it would've been easier if he was a b@#$%d from the start...but then I would've never gone out with him let alone married him...

Thanks again SBK xxx

I know what you mean, it is harder when the relationship fails due to other circumstances. It would be much easier to say "well, he was a b@sta@rd and I was a fool to love him" than to have to live with the idea that it just didn't work out with the person you love. I had that with my first really serious boyfriend, loved him deeply but we were too young and our lives took separate paths. In the end, I found my husband, who is a much better partner for me so, it does all work out in the end I like to think. However, the previous relationship helped me alot, it taught me what I wanted and didn't want in a relationship, it helped me to learn how to deal with relationship issues in a better way. It was hard and painful to go through, but the experience made me a more complete person in the long run.

Remember, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger :o

Disco,

I know how you feel about Thailand being your home. My boyfriend died, so I haven't got the same problems as you (from having my marriage break down before, I know that the constant "can we try again, am I doing the right thing?" feeling is a big problem, and that isn't an option when someone dies)

However, being here, reminds me constantly of him and it can be really hard. But I wouldn't be anywhere else. Congratulations on having enrolled on your course & positively going ahead with your life, whatever the outcome with your marriage may be. You're obviously a strong lady. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide. Good luck :o

November Rain, that's such a terrible thing to hear, I hope it's something you can deal with over time, but you must feel that something has been stolen from you. Thanks for the good luck message, it does put things more into context.....