Emirites Airline - Website card payment problems

Andy1958

Normally I fly Malaysia Airlines to the UK, without any problems. They are usually cheapest, but Emirites are offering fantastic prices at the moment.

The problem is, their website took my money, but a page then came up with "Transaction could not be completed. Consult your bank." So no ticket, and now I have no money!.

I sent off a message three days ago to Emirites, but as yet had no reply. I need to get the money back or a ticket for a flight.

So be aware you may get a problem like this at the moment.

I would be interested to know if anyone else gets problems like this with online payments using Thai bank cards. I don't get problems with UK ones.

If you are near Asoke the Emerites office is there and they are very helpful.

I have had problems in the past when i have used my credit card to pay for somebody else's fare - just a emerites rule but they have always told me it was a no go. Again sorted it out in Asoke Emerites office.

If you are near Asoke the Emerites office is there and they are very helpful.

I have had problems in the past when i have used my credit card to pay for somebody else's fare - just a emerites rule but they have always told me it was a no go. Again sorted it out in Asoke Emerites office.

Do you know if they're open on Saturdays?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

After a week, I gave up waiting to a reply to my message sent via their website. I rang flight reservations - 02873387 - and a very nice guy from India answered in two rings and said this often happens, but normally money is refunded automatically in two days. Something went wrong and he would sort it out. He said, it is always best to ring (says a lot for the online message service!) So I will await the money!

Sounds like they have good people, but lousy payment software!

Thanks for the replies.

After a week, I gave up waiting to a reply to my message sent via their website. I rang flight reservations - 02873387 - and a very nice guy from India answered in two rings and said this often happens, but normally money is refunded automatically in two days. Something went wrong and he would sort it out. He said, it is always best to ring (says a lot for the online message service!) So I will await the money!

Sounds like they have good people, but lousy payment software!

The correct number is in post #3.

WHOOPS! Thanks for that. Just to update, after a week waiting I got this today from Emirites, so hopefully I will get the money back. All sounds confusing, but we'll see....

Dear Sir

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience you faced while trying to book your flights.

After checking our records, I can confirm that the funds have been released back to your account. Depending on your bank, this may take 3-7 days normally.

Once the fund release is initiated Emirates does not receive any further updates. Hence, you’ll need to lease with your bank to check on the same.

As this is not a refund but a release of funds, there is no confirmation number. This will not reflect as a “credit” on your account as such.
Your bank will adjust the balance available on your account back to what it should be.

You’ll not see a line on your statement indicating a credit of the funds release. If after 7 days the funds are still blocked, you’ll need to take it up with your bank directly.

I hope this answers your concerns.

Sincerely,

No, it's OK - I took the risk and booked again using my UK credit card. It went OK so I have a ticket.

I think it was the verified by visa with my Thai card took so long, the booking timed out. That's what the guy from India thiought.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, a week after the email above, I STILL don't have the money back in my account. The airline says in the email I will need to talk to my bank to sort it out.

Crikey, what kind of airline is this? I'm never going to fly Emirates again, that's for sure!

Just to update, a week after the email above, I STILL don't have the money back in my account. The airline says in the email I will need to talk to my bank to sort it out.

Crikey, what kind of airline is this? I'm never going to fly Emirates again, that's for sure!

One of the world's largest and fastest growing ☺ So you are blaming EK for your slow Internet connection? I suspect that the funds are just on hold on your account and they will be released shortly.

As they told you, it was not a refund, but simply relinquishing their authority to take the funds. They have no control over how long it takes your bank to re-credit the funds.

This is why I always use credit cards to purchase online. That way, no effect on my cash flow.