Finance a purchase

AJ Alex

Hi everyone.

I would like to get a few large items on finance. One item is a motorbike which i can recieve finance on no problem. The 2nd item is a tv. Where/how can i buy a TV or other house hold electronics on finance/pay per month? I have been told i need a "credit card" soni went to apply for what i call a "credit card" I was refused 3 times dispite having all the documents, work permit and income etc... What can i do? Does this mean i can never buy anything and pay monthly?

Thanks,

Alex

Save your money and when you have enough, buy for cash, it is unwise to pay the high interest to buy those kinds of things on credit. Better to live without for a while.

I would generally agree with this statement but some stores do deals on purchases of white goods and electronic goods with various credit cards where you will get between 6 and 10 months interest free credit for the purchase - as long as I'm not paying interest on the credit card I'm happy to do things this way

Buying things on monthly payments generally means you pay at least 10% more. And if from some reason your montly income becomes less all those payments can become a big problem. What happens if your are ill for 1 week? But hey, even whole countries as Greece get away with it.

Second hand stuff and saving money to buy new stuff is my policy

Aeon will give you a credit card if you have had a work permit for over 2 years and an income of at least 15,000B/month (20,000B for the gold card).

The interest free offers I have tried for I have always been declined. You need to get them in store, and they have always required a copy of a Thai ID card. It may be ignorant sales staff, I have never asked Aeon, just stick large purchases on their happy plan and pay off over 3 months.

Farlangs that have a reasonable degree of savings with a Thai bank should have no problems applying for a credit card with their banks. I got mine from the SC bank, no problems and I am retired, don`t have a work permit.

I was told that certain Thai companies are not willing to give Farlangs credit because too many have absconded out of Thailand leaving their unpaid debts behind them. Some companies may give credit using a card if the customer is able to freeze the credit amount on the card that the company can withdraw if the customer defaults on the debt of tries to cancel the card that can be arranged with the store.