Koh Samui to Koh Tao

flip

Fastest /easiest way from Samui to Koh Tao?

Is it still this Lomprayah ferry/boat?

How much for the trip about and how much time do I have to calculate?

Any recommendations on what do do on Tao?

Planning to stay 1 or 2 nights there..

Thnx a lot

Count about 1½ hour with Lomprayah from Samui to Koh Tao, at the moment 2 daily departures (they are having new bigger catamarans coming, so something may change). Lomprayah has a minibus transfer service from/to hotels at Samui.
Seatran sails with express ferry from Samui Big Buddha Pier (Bang Rak) and transfer time is close to the same.
You can check price and timetables at the two companies home pages.

What to do at Koh Tao? Diving and/or snorkling, I presume nothing else - I didn't find anything else there - perhaps a bar at night.

Koh Nangyouan, just north of Koh Tao, is a nice alternative and you can also stay there in limited number of bungalows, but more up-price than Koh Tao.

Count about 1½ hour with Lomprayah from Samui to Koh Tao, at the moment 2 daily departures (they are having new bigger catamarans coming, so something may change). Lomprayah has a minibus transfer service from/to hotels at Samui.

Seatran sails with express ferry from Samui Big Buddha Pier (Bang Rak) and transfer time is close to the same.

You can check price and timetables at the two companies home pages.

What to do at Koh Tao? Diving and/or snorkling, I presume nothing else - I didn't find anything else there - perhaps a bar at night.

Koh Nangyouan, just north of Koh Tao, is a nice alternative and you can also stay there in limited number of bungalows, but more up-price than Koh Tao.

They tell me that A/C bar is rather exciting

The route from Maenam Pier in Koh Samui to Koh Tao is the speediest. I booked my trip with FerrySamui and got the noon schedule. They got the best prices. You could check out the other departure times too on their website http://www.ferrysamui.com/ferry-schedule.html The trip took about 1.30 to 1.45 hours. Plenty of activities in Koh Tao. Snorkeling and some other water activities, as well as hiking at the Mango Viewpoint were all worth it.