big bang from fuse box when resetting Air Con

mcfish

I got 2 air con units and recently had problems with one of them, tripping the circuit beaker but eventually it was fixed and a new compressor installed (it was a 10 year old unit)

But now I'm having problems with the second unit. A few weeks back the air stop being cold and called my regular technician and he said it was very dirty so he cleaned it and all good (not sure how cleaning could fix it but ...its Thailand..)

Just had a very LOUD BANG from the air con fuse in the box. I cant reset it ,same BANG if I try

My question is do I need a air con technician or an Electrician?

Agree the A/C guy will likely find the problem. BUT - the BANG usually occurs at the point of the short. You might try shutting off power at the main breaker, take off the cover of your CU and look for any obvious charring or loose wires touching where not supposed to. If nothing then maybe your breakers just loud when trip.

Agree the A/C guy will likely find the problem. BUT - the BANG usually occurs at the point of the short. You might try shutting off power at the main breaker, take off the cover of your CU and look for any obvious charring or loose wires touching where not supposed to. If nothing then maybe your breakers just loud when trip.

" If nothing then maybe your breakers just loud when trip"

when I try to reset the switch pops straight back with a jolt and a loadish noise and a faint burnt smell, defiantly not the sound Ive had in the past when resetting the circuit breaker. I dont see any charring in the box but think I better call someone before I kill myself lol

Archived