Swimming pool in Jomtien near Golden Hanuman

leeroy221

Hi,

The house we rent has a small pool but looking for a bigger pool. We stay next to the Jomtien long stay hotel by the Golden Hanuman statue in Jomtien.Does anyone know if there is a bigger pool nearby we can use at a cost?

I tried the longstay hotel but its only for guests and the Jomtien Pacific Hotel never returned my email.

Thanks.

View Talay Condo 1 have a sign by the pool that says visitors pay 100 baht to use the pool. Not sure where you pay or if you have to be signed in by a resident ? Maybe a TV reader that stays there could confirm this for you.

By the way...its the "Machanu Statue"...I keep telling everyone this, it even has a sign next to it telling everyone this...Hanuman does not have a fish tail.

View Talay Condo 1 have a sign by the pool that says visitors pay 100 baht to use the pool. Not sure where you pay or if you have to be signed in by a resident ? Maybe a TV reader that stays there could confirm this for you.

By the way...its the "Machanu Statue"...I keep telling everyone this, it even has a sign next to it telling everyone this...Hanuman does not have a fish tail.

It's a lost cause on the Majchanu statue, to most that knows what Hanuman is in passing, mythical monkey is all Hanuman

Thanks for the replies. I will email view talay and ask them if it is still the case.

Noted about the statue, i was always told thats what its called and on maps ot was called this. I have not seen a sign there before either, the last 7 years or so there have been constant barriers and roadworks taking place but i will be sure to look at it when there next.

Thanks again.

Just east of the village where you live is the Villa Thongbura hotel. Just walk through the village and you'll come to it. They have a beautiful pool that you could use for 100 Baht a day when I last went there around five years ago. I don't know if they still let non-residents use the pool as things change here, but it's worth checking as it's very close to where you live.

There is also a decent pool at View Talay 2 which is a bit nearer & perhaps less busy at times in my experience that Talay 1.

On the whole they seem to be pretty easy going re pools in thailand so you shouldnt have a problem.

I remember a few years ago in Phuket my hotel had a really small pool & i just walked into a quite posh hotel nearby & used that one biggrin.png

I used to hang around for a few hours as It was lovely and nobody said anything. I did buy a couple of drinks though, Im not a total freeloader lol

Edited by blink

Used to be 50 baht/day to use their 2 pools, anyone could go:

http://www.silversandvilla.com/

Yes ,the pools at Silver sand Villa Hotel are your best option.When the road turns left as you reach the beach ,its only about 100 m down beach road .I stayed there a few months ago with the wife and 2 kids and they loved the bigger of the two pools .Many other little friends there to play with also .

Used to be 50 baht/day to use their 2 pools, anyone could go:

http://www.silversandvilla.com/

Yes ,the pools at Silver sand Villa Hotel are your best option.When the road turns left as you reach the beach ,its only about 100 m down beach road .I stayed there a few months ago with the wife and 2 kids and they loved the bigger of the two pools .Many other little friends there to play with also .

Entry for non-residents is now 100 Baht and it's usually very busy at this time of the year.