12-month Type B Non-immigrant Visas

Many Thai consulates in the Pacific rim, specifically Penang, have now issued statements that they will issue only single entry visas in future. This ruling is irrespective of type. However, if foreigners choose to return to the country of their passport (say Europe, USA, Australia) they may find that multiple entry visas, both tourist and non-immigrant, are still being awarded. The reasoning seems to be that if you need a double, triple or multiple entry visa, then go back to your own country.

-- Pattaya Today 2006-10-02

I made the mistake of applying for a 12-month type B non-immigrant visa at Penang this morning amidst reports that they will only issue me with a 3-month single-entry visa. I definitely do not have the time to fly back to my home nation to apply for a new visa; firstly, I cannot afford the time if I "MAY find that multiple entry visas are still being awarded" and, secondly, my passport is nearly out of pages so I will probably have to go next year anyway.

Also, I know 2 people who have obtained 12-month visas from the RTC in Penang only last week.

To confirm, Penang is refusing to issue 12-month multiple entry visas. I went as Managing Director, with company certificate, company registration documents, balance sheet, payroll tax records, social security details, work permit (original and copies of every page) and passport (original and copies of every page). All pages of the massive portfolio were signed and stamped. I even took the company stamp just in case anything was missed.

Well, the Royal Thai Consulate in Penang actually told me that these changes were to my benefit and I could extend the single-entry 3-month visa to a 1-year one AT MY LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE, meaning I never have to make 3-monthly visa runs again - obviously I am sceptical about this.

I have the contact details of the Thai Consulate in Penang in case local immigration (Samui) don't agree. The Consulate have told me that, if Samui Immigration don't issue me with a 1-year extension, to ask Samui Immigration to contact them and they will be 'ordered' to issue a 1-year visa. Once again, I'm more than a little sceptical.

I have contacted my lawyer to get in touch with my local immigration office and I will post what she finds out.

And, interestingly enough, the word is that Kuala Lumpur are issuing 12-month visas without problem.

Anyone else have anything to add to this?

Many Thai consulates in the Pacific rim, specifically Penang, have now issued statements that they will issue only single entry visas in future. This ruling is irrespective of type. However, if foreigners choose to return to the country of their passport (say Europe, USA, Australia) they may find that multiple entry visas, both tourist and non-immigrant, are still being awarded. The reasoning seems to be that if you need a double, triple or multiple entry visa, then go back to your own country.

-- Pattaya Today 2006-10-02

I made the mistake of applying for a 12-month type B non-immigrant visa at Penang this morning amidst reports that they will only issue me with a 3-month single-entry visa. I definitely do not have the time to fly back to my home nation to apply for a new visa; firstly, I cannot afford the time if I "MAY find that multiple entry visas are still being awarded" and, secondly, my passport is nearly out of pages so I will probably have to go next year anyway.

Also, I know 2 people who have obtained 12-month visas from the RTC in Penang only last week.

To confirm, Penang is refusing to issue 12-month multiple entry visas. I went as Managing Director, with company certificate, company registration documents, balance sheet, payroll tax records, social security details, work permit (original and copies of every page) and passport (original and copies of every page). All pages of the massive portfolio were signed and stamped. I even took the company stamp just in case anything was missed.

Well, the Royal Thai Consulate in Penang actually told me that these changes were to my benefit and I could extend the single-entry 3-month visa to a 1-year one AT MY LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE, meaning I never have to make 3-monthly visa runs again - obviously I am sceptical about this.

I have the contact details of the Thai Consulate in Penang in case local immigration (Samui) don't agree. The Consulate have told me that, if Samui Immigration don't issue me with a 1-year extension, to ask Samui Immigration to contact them and they will be 'ordered' to issue a 1-year visa. Once again, I'm more than a little sceptical.

I have contacted my lawyer to get in touch with my local immigration office and I will post what she finds out.

And, interestingly enough, the word is that Kuala Lumpur are issuing 12-month visas without problem.

Anyone else have anything to add to this?

Criteria

(1) The foreigner must obtain permit stamp for the temporary entry and

(2) The foreigner must earn salary at the rate in accordance to the rate attached to this order and

(3) The business must have a registered capital of no less than 2 Million Baht and

(4) That business must submit their year end balance sheet which has been inspect and certified by a certified accountant. In order to show the financial status, stability and recognition of business. In overall the audit must show owner’s equity of no less than 1 Million Baht and

(5) That business must submit their year end profit and loss account which has been inspect and certified by a certified accountant. In overall the total revenue must show an amount higher than the total salary and benefit paid the employee and

(6) That certain business has the necessity to employ foreigner and

(7) The foreign must obtain permit stamp for the temporary entry and

(8) That business must have a ratio between foreign employee to Thai employee of 1:4 and

(8) The following business shall be exempted from the obligation stated in Point (3), (4), (5) and (6) and will be indulgent in the number of Thai as stated in Point (7), where they can use 1 Foreigner to 1 full-time Thai staff

(a) International Trade business (Representative Office)

b Regional Office

c International companies (Branch office)

List of required documents

1. Petition Forms

2. Copy of Passport of the Applicant

3. Acceptance Letter for the intake of a foreigner into workplace (must follow the format of the Immigration Bureau).

4. Copy of Working permit

5. Copies of Company registration documents i.e. Company’s Affidavit and etc. Such document shall not be issued for no longer than 6 months.

6. Copies of the current shareholders list (issued by the registrar for no longer than 6 months).

7. Copies of the latest annual audit

8. Copies of the company’s latest withholding tax illustrating the list of all employees and the names of all foreigners

9. Copies of the foreigner’s income tax submitted annually attaching a receipt (if any)

10. Copies of the latest payment on social funds submitted to the Social Security Office (Sor Por Sor 1-10)

11. Documents or relevant supporting documents illustrating the importance of the foreigner to the company i.e. Job Advertisement looking for Thai applicants but no Thai interested etc.

12. Map showing the office and workplace of the applicant.

13. Other documents which the Investigation Committee may require.

14. Businesses established in accordance to Point (8) do not have to show documents listed in 6,7, and 11

This is the required documents and criteria if you are applying for the extension of stay based on business after Oct. 1st 2006, for the first time.

Sorry but this is not true. They just changed the goal post last week that you need to show three month PND 1 (withholding tax) for the applicant along with the work permit in order to get the one year multi entry visa in KL.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I was just in Dubai to apply for a one year NON B multiple entry visa with sponsorship letter and all required documents. The Consulate in Dubai did not issue the one year visa. All I got was a 3 month single entry visa.

A big waste of time and money for me.

I was just in Dubai to apply for a one year NON B multiple entry visa with sponsorship letter and all required documents. The Consulate in Dubai did not issue the one year visa. All I got was a 3 month single entry visa.

Thanks for sharing this information!

Did Sunbelt say that you would get the visa in Dubai when you paid them the 7,200 Baht fee for their documents?

Did Sunbelt say that you would get the visa in Dubai when you paid them the 7,200 Baht fee for their documents?

I emailed them last week to confirm the status of the rules. They emailed me back, that nothing has changed in Dubai concerning issuance of the particular 1 year visa.

Needless to say that I am very disappointed that it did not work out. I am not so concerned about the loss of the fee, but about the loss of time and the money that I had to spend to travel to Dubai.

I have contacted Sunbelt during my stay and they did communicate with the consulate in Dubai, but they were unable to make them change mind. They did their best to help, no doubt.

I was not given a particular reason, but the consulate employees kind of made the impression to me that I had to 'to many' stamps in my passport. My passport is 9 year old. I have 23 entries into Thailand with an average duration of stay of less than 10 days. I have never done a 'visa run' and have therefore no stamps from neighbouring countries. It's also the very first time I apply for a Thai visa.

It's a puzzle.

I emailed them last week to confirm the status of the rules. They emailed me back, that nothing has changed in Dubai concerning issuance of the particular 1 year visa.

Needless to say that I am very disappointed that it did not work out. I am not so concerned about the loss of the fee, but about the loss of time and the money that I had to spend to travel to Dubai.

I have contacted Sunbelt during my stay and they did communicate with the consulate in Dubai, but they were unable to make them change mind. They did their best to help, no doubt.

I was not given a particular reason, but the consulate employees kind of made the impression to me that I had to 'to many' stamps in my passport. My passport is 9 year old. I have 23 entries into Thailand with an average duration of stay of less than 10 days. I have never done a 'visa run' and have therefore no stamps from neighbouring countries. It's also the very first time I apply for a Thai visa.

It's a puzzle.

First time we saw a rejection in Dubai, ever. We are opening a branch office in fact there in Dubai and were told it was nothing about our paperwork. It was a problem with Faxx promising to get a work permit and had not done this yet.

We try our absolute best but we feel the Ambassador may have had this person mixed up with someone else. He kept on saying that Faxx promised to get a wp before and never had. Faxx stated this was never the case. They brought this up when they spoke with him as well. Mistaken identity?

No other rejection cases in Dubai yet. Talking with the Consulate, it just seems to be an isolated case.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sorry, i dont know if this is off the topic, but can i still get the 12 month multiple entry " non Immigrant B " visa in my hometown, in germany. Do the they new rules affect this at all. I am on these for the last 3 years and it was never a problem.

An answer would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Timo

Sorry, i dont know if this is off the topic, but can i still get the 12 month multiple entry " non Immigrant B " visa in my hometown, in germany. Do the they new rules affect this at all. I am on these for the last 3 years and it was never a problem.

An answer would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Timo

This is always evolving as Ambassadors change Consulates and Embassies. Places that interpret rules one day, can be totally different when the Ambassador is transferred and the new Ambassador is more liberal or more conservative.

As far as we know, all places in Germany are much more liberal than other consulates in Asia.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you for the quick reply, i was wondering were the nearest sunbelt office( if you have one) to my place is( Sukhumvit Soi 15) and if it possible there to get some advice on the current situation.

best regards

Timo

We have a number of offices right next to you.

Sukhumvit Rd Between Soi 12 and Soi 14 is a drop off point for clients to leave documents.

Soi 19( Benetone Building) and Soi 13 ( Sukumvite Suites) are Service Office locations for clients.

Our Main office at Fortune Town however is the best office to serve you. Just two Subway stops up the Rd on Rama 9 Subway. Exit 1

Fortune Town

Cp Tower II

Floor 26

1 Ratchadaphisek Road,

For a map

http://www.lawyer.th.com/contactus.asp

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hello sunbelt, thanks for that. Will stop by within the next days. Is it possible to get some advises first and then maybe think through the possiblities with you guys. Only havea german company and i feel it might be time to change some things to obtain legal in thailand, after all the visa changes and so on.

best regards

Timo