North Korea H-bomb test was to 'help keep the peace' says official

webfact

North Korea H-bomb test was to 'help keep the peace' says official

606x341_320820.jpg

"This experiment it is to keep the peace in the Korean peninsula and to achieve security of the region in general."

CAIRO: -- A North Korean official said his country will continue to pursue its nuclear programme.

Pyongyang’s Ambassador to Egypt explained that North Korea needed to protect the sovereignty and security of its citizens from foreign attacks.

Pak Chong-Il’s comments come just days after the county’s state run news agency announced that North Korea had successfully tested a hydrogen bomb.

“This experiment is to defend the security and sovereignty of North Korea, and it’s for the rights of our people who face ongoing threats through increased nuclear development by the hostile countries led by the United States. This experiment it is to keep the peace in the Korean peninsula and to achieve security of the region in general,” Mr Pak
told reporters in Cairo.

He said the country had a right to own weapons in light of continued economic sanctions.

A North Korean official said his country will continue to pursue its nuclear programme.

Pyongyang’s Ambassador to Egypt explained that North Korea needed to protect the sovereignty and security of its citizens from foreign attacks.

Pak Chong-Il’s comments come just days after the county’s state run news agency announced that North Korea had successfully tested a hydrogen bomb.

“This experiment is to defend the security and sovereignty of North Korea, and it’s for the rights of our people who face ongoing threats through increased nuclear development by the hostile countries led by the United States. This experiment it is to keep the peace in the Korean peninsula and to achieve security of the region in general,” Mr Pak
told reporters in Cairo.

He said the country had a right to own weapons in light of continued economic sanctions.

Euronews correspondent Mohammed Shaikhibrahim reported: “Choosing Egypt to hold this press conferences which is considered rare for North Korean officials, may carry political messages reflect Pyongyang’s desire to play a stronger role in the Middle East these days.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-11

You have to give this country respect. They refuse to be told what they can do by any nation.We maynot agree with them on how they see the world,but must respect them for saying they will defend their right to do it their way.The country may not be liked but should get respect for not letting foreign countries boss them around.They have their policies on governing and will defend it. The big powers need a roque nation like this to remind them they cannot control the whole world.They certainly do not kiss ass.

They feel they can be heard too and keep peace as long as no one makes problems in their area of the world.

Edited by lovelomsak

Keep the peace? Oh, thank goodness, I thought they wanted to bomb the US. I feel so much better now.

Respect? cheesy.gif

I wonder if the NK people would agree with how their country is being run.

Well actually USA is the only country to have ever used nuclear weapons. They used them after their opponents already surrendered and they used them on civilian populations.

Since then the USA have engaged directly or indirectly in over 2 dozens major wars and invaded several nations.

So my question is:

How brainwashed are you?

Edited by reggaebkk

Keep the peace? Oh, thank goodness, I thought they wanted to bomb the US. I feel so much better now.

Respect? cheesy.gif

Well actually USA is the only country to have ever used nuclear weapons. They used them after their opponents already surrendered and they used them on civilian populations.

Since then the USA have engaged directly or indirectly in over 2 dozens major wars and invaded several nations.

So my question is:

How brainwashed are you?

Dont let historical facts get in the way of your argument.....

America made plans to use nuclear weapons against N. Korea during the Korean War. The war has never ended, America's plans have never been rescinded and every year the Americans practice their bombing runs. The American reaction to the North's bomb test? To practice another bombing run with a B52 bomber. North Korea is just so irrationally paranoid, isn't it?

Respect? cheesy.gif

So my question is:

How brainwashed are you?

Respect? cheesy.gif

So my question is:

How brainwashed are you?

biggrin.png ... and I always thought that Japan surrendered after the 2 nuclear bombs were used - not before.