How to price a Ford Ecosport for sale?

Card

Hi, I have a white Ford Ecosport in Bangkok - 2 years old (2014) average mileage and want to put it up for sale as I no longer need it. Excellent condition, regularly serviced, one careful owner from new. It cost around 729,000 baht and is almost 2 years old. Any idea of the price I should ask and where I can advertise it besides Thaivisa classifieds and Craigslist?

I've searched online but can't find any for sale anywhere in Thailand which will be a plus. This car is one of the most popular in Asia and Thailand so should gain a good price.

Edited by Card

Try one2car.com to gauge prices. It's in Thai but you should be able to use the filters fairly easily on the right side of the screen.

Would dispute it being one of the most popular in Thailand, 99 out of 100 would prefer a Juke, HRV or CX-3. The rest of Asia, no idea about that.

Should add that RV on Ford's is generally poor (except the Ranger and possibly the Everest in the future)

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

If you follow the "local pricing model", you should price it at what you paid. ;)

I am not sure about the used market, but at the new level, there does not seem to be so much bargaining for price; more bargaining for what "extras" are included.

As a starting point, you might look at some other 2014 vehicles for sale and figure out the percent of discount vs the new purchase price. That would give you a ballpark starting point anyway.

Just had a quick look for you and 2014 EcoSport Trend (I'm guessing yours is a Trend) on one2car is priced between 588k and 599k.

Thanks everyone so far for your efforts - yes it's a 1.5L Ecosport Trend AT.

The blue book valuation is 540K - which is a baseline price.

What's a blue book valuation?

The baseline market price - lower KM/better condition cars will get more, higher KM/worse condtion cars will get less.

Edited by IMHO