1 yr extension of stay of multiple entry Non-Imm (O) - when?

Hi,

I'm currently on a multiple entry Non-Imm O visa, which expires on the 1st April. My question is when can I apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration? I'd like to leave it as long as possible, so could I do a border run at the end of March, to get 3 months extra, and then apply for the extension of stay, or do I need to apply for the extension of stay prior to the visa itself expiring?

Also if it is the case that I can do the additional border run could I also do an additional 60 day extension at immigration prior to then applying for the full year extension?

Apologies if this has been posted previously but haven't managed to find it if it has.

Thanks in advance

You can do a border run before your Visa expires and get another 90 days.

You can then extend at Immigration anytime during the final 30 days of your stay if you qualify.

60 days or 12 Months. Up to you.

Edited by Eclipse

You can do the extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from the visa including the last one you can prior to the visa expiring.

You could get the 60 day extension and then apply during the last 30 days of it.

• Yes, in the last 30 days of that 90 day stay you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay OR (if married or have children) apply for a 60 day extension of stay.

If you apply for the 60 day extension you can still apply for a 1 year extension in the last 30 days of the 60 day extension.