international new york times

uptoyoumyfriend

They stopped printing/distributing in Thailand at the end of 2015. They had some issues with their printer not wanting to print some issues because of their reporting on Thailand and some issues were delivered with blank spaces where stories were suppose to go. That, plus other business issues, led them to decide it was time to pull out of Thailand. You can still read Int'l NYT on-line from Thailand, at this time. It isn't blocked, yet.

Well Rupert Murdoch the owner of Fox news also owns them.

You sound as if you've never read the New York Times because, if you had, you would immediately notice the difference between high quality journalism and the garbage put out by the Murdoch empire. The Ochs-Sulzberger family has owned and controlled the NYT for decades and they have way too much class and integrity to ever sell it to Mr. Rupert.

You sound as if you've never read the New York Times because, if you had, you would immediately notice the difference between high quality journalism and the garbage put out by the Murdoch empire. The Ochs-Sulzberger family has owned and controlled the NYT for decades and they have way too much class and integrity to ever sell it to Mr. Rupert.

"The Ochs-Sulzberger family has owned and controlled the NYT for decades and they have way too much class and integrity to ever sell it to Mr. Rupert."

Sounds like what people once said about the Bancroft family and the Wall Street Journal. They inherited it from C.W Barron in 1928, but took the money and ran in 2007. They held out for 3 months against Murdoch, but then he met their price for class and integrity, $60 a share.

"The Ochs-Sulzberger family has owned and controlled the NYT for decades and they have way too much class and integrity to ever sell it to Mr. Rupert."

Sounds like what people once said about the Bancroft family and the Wall Street Journal. They inherited it from C.W Barron in 1928, but took the money and ran in 2007. They held out for 3 months against Murdoch, but then he met their price for class and integrity, $60 a share.

I have to admit it the only news we get from America where I live is Fox. Out of boredom and for comic relief I will tune them in for about 1/2 hour every day. In the last three weeks they have ran one video three times that I saw it of the New York Times building 43 stories I believe it is. From it they also have magazines being produced.

I have read them and ceased to do so a few years ago. Quality not.

So much for the Ochs-Sulzberger family integrity

If they had kept the integrity I would probably have kept reading it.

I read the NYT on my phones and tablets everyday. It has integrity and is not owned by Fox News. What are some posters talking about? It's still the same great newspaper. Please detail your specific complaints about the newspaper. Have you ever actually read the NYT.

I have to admit it the only news we get from America where I live is Fox. Out of boredom and for comic relief I will tune them in for about 1/2 hour every day. In the last three weeks they have ran one video three times that I saw it of the New York Times building 43 stories I believe it is. From it they also have magazines being produced.

Many years ago when we lived in Melbourne we went to England to visit family for a month and when we came back first job is to check that the internet and cable tv were still connected and working properly, and Mr K found that there were a couple of new channels on our cable tv so while unpacking the cases I had one of the new channels playing away to itself in the corner.

There is a lot of political satire on English TV, much more than we were used to seeing in Australia and I'd had 5 weeks straight of watching it. So there I was, half watching the telly, sniggering away and waiting for the punchline. And waiting. And sniggering more. Even Mr K sniggered. This was the best send up I'd seen for years. Forget the unpacking, let's have a cup of tea and sit down to watch it properly Waiting for the punchline. Waiting. Then it slowly dawned on me that punchlines don't take this long and it was possibly for real. But it couldn't be. It was outrageous. Some of the sniggers coming from us were chortles and even belly laughs. The guy was tearing the poor interviewee who was trying to get across the point that not all Muslim's are terrorists to pieces in the most amusing way, alternatively yelling and banging the desk and being sooo sarcastic and even nasty, and another commentator was on screen egging him on to say more and more outrageous things and bang the desk even harder.

It was Bill O'Reily. The one and only time I've ever watched Fox News.

(True story. November 2001.)

(I (very) occasionally read the New York Times or Washington Post if I want to see an American slant on news. As an outsider, I'd call them the best of a very average bunch, and when I have bothered I've found NYT crossword to be way to easy.)

NYT digital edition for daily news; The New Yorker for long-form magazine journalism; Wall Street Journal if I want to check a more conservative viewpoint; The Economist for a short, sharp, business-oriented roundup; The Guardian when I can get my hands on it; The Onion and Not the Nation for obvious reasons.

I read the NYT on my phones and tablets everyday. It has integrity and is not owned by Fox News. What are some posters talking about? It's still the same great newspaper. Please detail your specific complaints about the newspaper. Have you ever actually read the NYT.

NYT has integrity, lol. It might as well be owned by the Clinton Foundation.

I can see why people dislike the Murdoch news media options.....the CNN/NYT/WaPo types are just the flip side of the same coin.

You are correct it is not owned by Fox news.

Where did you get that idea in the paper it's self.

It is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns Fox news. Yes I have read it. I gave up on it with the reporting it was doing on Thailand I live here and know it was B S. I dfon't believe it but I have been told by a couple of people that it is claiming Obama is going to create marshal law and cancel; the elections.

As I said I don't believe it but that is what I have heard from some of their followers. Being as I no longer read it I wonder what else it could be printing that is false. If it is true weeeeeeeelllllll what else is it printing. I also don't read the Nation in Bangkok.

Many years ago when we lived in Melbourne we went to England to visit family for a month and when we came back first job is to check that the internet and cable tv were still connected and working properly, and Mr K found that there were a couple of new channels on our cable tv so while unpacking the cases I had one of the new channels playing away to itself in the corner.

There is a lot of political satire on English TV, much more than we were used to seeing in Australia and I'd had 5 weeks straight of watching it. So there I was, half watching the telly, sniggering away and waiting for the punchline. And waiting. And sniggering more. Even Mr K sniggered. This was the best send up I'd seen for years. Forget the unpacking, let's have a cup of tea and sit down to watch it properly Waiting for the punchline. Waiting. Then it slowly dawned on me that punchlines don't take this long and it was possibly for real. But it couldn't be. It was outrageous. Some of the sniggers coming from us were chortles and even belly laughs. The guy was tearing the poor interviewee who was trying to get across the point that not all Muslim's are terrorists to pieces in the most amusing way, alternatively yelling and banging the desk and being sooo sarcastic and even nasty, and another commentator was on screen egging him on to say more and more outrageous things and bang the desk even harder.

It was Bill O'Reily. The one and only time I've ever watched Fox News.

(True story. November 2001.)

(I (very) occasionally read the New York Times or Washington Post if I want to see an American slant on news. As an outsider, I'd call them the best of a very average bunch, and when I have bothered I've found NYT crossword to be way to easy.)

In my personal opinion damn you are good at crossword puzzles.wai.gif

I would hate to see one you consider hard.

It is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns Fox news. Yes I have read it. I gave up on it with the reporting it was doing on Thailand I live here and know it was B S. I dfon't believe it but I have been told by a couple of people that it is claiming Obama is going to create marshal law and cancel; the elections.

As I said I don't believe it but that is what I have heard from some of their followers. Being as I no longer read it I wonder what else it could be printing that is false. If it is true weeeeeeeelllllll what else is it printing. I also don't read the Nation in Bangkok.

Well, if the NYT printed that its owner was Rupert Murdoch, that would indeed be false... Murdoch's company Newscorp owns the Wall Street Journal (and the previously-mentioned New York Post)- perhaps that's the cause of your confusion. Murdoch doesn't own or control the NYT. Edited by flare

A list of News Co, owned by Fox/Ruptured Murdoch:

News Corp.

News and Information

• Dow Jones (Wall Street Journal, CIO Journal, CFO Journal, CMO Journal and international WSJ editions, Wall Street Journal Digital Network, Factiva, DJ Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, Barrons, MarketWatch, Dow Jones Private Market, DJX)
  • News Corp Australia (The Australian, The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, The Courier Mail, The Advertiser, taste.com, CareerOne.com, Busienss Spectator, Eureka Reports, carguide.com, FOX SPORTS PULSE, and local dailies)
  • News UK (The Sun, The Times)
  • New York Post
  • News America Marketing (SmartSource inserts)
  • Storyful

Cable Network Programming

• Fox Sports Australia
  • Digital Real Estate Services
  • REA Group (digital advertising, international versions of Realestate.com, Realcommercial.com, myfun.com, AtHome.com, Atoffice.com)

Book Publishing

• HarperCollins

Digital Education

• Amplify (Amplify Insight, Amplify Learning, Amplify Access)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/06/11/what-rupert-murdoch-owns/71089066/

Edited by Rob13

I must be one of those East Coast, NYT-reading, elitist-types, because I can't even comprehend the mentality of someone who would post such nonsense. When helpfully corrected with facts, you dig your heels in and post even more bizarre crap.

He also just bought the National Geographic.

Look for that to go down hill now.sad.png

National Geographic recently announced it will start with glossy photoshoots of nude pinups to tap into a new market.

Unless snuck out and posted elsewhere, the WSJ is mostly behind the paywall now. Maybe 10% available to all. WashPost also has gone to paywall. I read the NYT via google incognito, same as SCMP and The Telegraph.

And Konini i would have more belief in your crossword comments if you were more accurate in your use of the homophone TO, TOO and TWO.

The Washington Post and the NYT are not really behind paywalls. In Firefox, click in the bars in the top right hand corner. Select "New Private Window." Then go to the Times or Post and read away. All stories in the WSJ are indexed by Google. Go to the WSJ, copy a headline, paste it in Google. A bit cumbersome, but 100% of the content is accessible.

Unless snuck out and posted elsewhere, the WSJ is mostly behind the paywall now. Maybe 10% available to all. WashPost also has gone to paywall. I read the NYT via google incognito, same as SCMP and The Telegraph.

And Konini i would have more belief in your crossword comments if you were more accurate in your use of the homophone TO, TOO and TWO.

I may be mistaken but I only find one instance of a "o" not on a "to_", so I offer this to, too, two, you U

pedantic
pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
  1. excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
Edited by Gonzo the Face

You can read the NYT without paying or logging in and get most of the big articles,but you don't get full access. For extras - like the puzzle -you gotta pay. I've tried everything to get around it; nothing works so far.