Coloured Pattern Glass

LannaGuy

….I saw some in a glass shop on the the inside of the moat south side (the side where Siam TV is but on the inside road going the other way). It's almost at the far corner…past Chiang Mai gate. Drive slow and keep your eyes open as you get toward that far corner. They have a pretty big frontage on the road so you should be able to find it.

….I saw some in a glass shop on the the inside of the moat south side (the side where Siam TV is but on the inside road going the other way). It's almost at the far corner…past Chiang Mai gate. Drive slow and keep your eyes open as you get toward that far corner. They have a pretty big frontage on the road so you should be able to find it.

thanks I'll try and find it... appreciated

I am pretty sure i saw some at a shop on south side of moat on the outside. East of CM Gate.

The shop sells a lot of window fixtures and aluminium. I think it is called Chiang Mai Aluminium (maybe no Eng sign). Not 100% sure but I think that is where I saw a range of samples on the show cupboard . I bought some window fixtures there a couple of weeks ago.

Like most places they don't have the red glass.

Thanks all - SPG in Bangkok seem the main supplier for Thailand so I'll get the glass shop to liaise and order

Agreed. Siam Plate/Pattern Glass is probably the best source for stained glass in Thailand.

From time to time I work on projects that use coloured, and, or, patterned glass. The selection available here is quite limited as to colours.

For instance, I have never been able to get a really rich ruby red. The closest thing is a pale magenta or a pink that couldn't be considered red by any stretch of the imagination.

Otherwise, the blues are acceptable, and what is sold as yellow is a deeply saturated amber that is very nice in itself but is not a primary yellow.

Secondary colours are few and leave a lot to be desired. The exception is green, which is quite good.

Importing from the US or Europe would be the obvious solution if it weren't for the risk of breakage in transit and the probability of high customs duties.

Good luck with what you're working on.

Thanks all - SPG in Bangkok seem the main supplier for Thailand so I'll get the glass shop to liaise and order

Agreed. Siam Plate/Pattern Glass is probably the best source for stained glass in Thailand.

From time to time I work on projects that use coloured, and, or, patterned glass. The selection available here is quite limited as to colours.

For instance, I have never been able to get a really rich ruby red. The closest thing is a pale magenta or a pink that couldn't be considered red by any stretch of the imagination.

Otherwise, the blues are acceptable, and what is sold as yellow is a deeply saturated amber that is very nice in itself but is not a primary yellow.

Secondary colours are few and leave a lot to be desired. The exception is green, which is quite good.

Importing from the US or Europe would be the obvious solution if it weren't for the risk of breakage in transit and the probability of high customs duties.

Good luck with what you're working on.

yes the colours are pretty poor. I am now considering installing plain glass and importing high quality 'decals'. some may laugh but the good ones it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between them and real coloured glass - they come with raised patterns too and if you get bored peal them off and change the colour