Where to buy a quality slow foam mattress in Chiang Mai

flyDelight

Central Department Store at Airport Plaza has some fantastic mattresses, though they're very pricey. I don't know if they have 'slow foam' specifically, but they definitely have some quality stuff on display.

Aha, great thanks. Price does not matter, a good mattress is pricy. Wonder if they have imported brands from EU/USA.

Central Department Store at Airport Plaza has some fantastic mattresses, though they're very pricey. I don't know if they have 'slow foam' specifically, but they definitely have some quality stuff on display.

Aha, great thanks. Price does not matter, a good mattress is pricy. Wonder if they have imported brands from EU/USA.

They have Sealy Posturepedic from USA. I bought one at their 50% sale about 2 years ago.

"Slow" foam is the same thing as memory foam which is the same as natural latex. We got our natural latex mattresses from Latex Innovations, same as robblok, and love them! No bed bugs, no dust mites, no pressure points.

Memory foam and latex are definitely not the same thing. I have a latex mattress that I purchased here (from Latex Innovations) and a memory foam mattress back in my home country.

I like the latex mattress I have here....but it isn't memory foam.

Edited by TheAppletons

We are using a memory foam mattress for the past 20 years and always find it a delight to return to after a trip away on hotel beds.

Latex just never gave us the same level of comfort. We bought our from a place in Singapore, but the mattress is a Swedish brand... "Tempur-Pedic."

Tempur-Pedic and similar mattresses take a bit of getting used to, especially if you are accustomed to a more firm mattress.

They are pretty comfortable once you adjust.

We actually bought the mattress topper, a 2" thick layer that we put over a very firm mattress. This gives us the complete back support of a hard mattress combined with the soft comfort of something that conforms to our bodies without any of the 'sag' of a soft mattress. We used this originally on the floor when living in Japan. All the support and none of the discomfort.