Changing faces: Thai woman gets new face in Korean surgery show

webfact

Changing faces: Thai woman gets new face in Korean surgery show (PHOTOS)
By Coconuts Bangkok

surgery_show.jpg
In the Thai edition of "Let Me In," Lin was the first woman selected for a facial makeover. Photo: Let Me In Thailand

BANGKOK: -- From being a young woman who was not confident enough to even take a selfie, Lin now proudly strikes a pose for the camera after having a life-changing makeover.

In the first episode of “Let Me In Thailand,” the Thai edition of the popular Korean TV show, Wongtawan “Lin” Panuprateep was selected as the first woman to be flown to South Korea for plastic surgery.

Lin, 23, had dropped out of university as her family only has a monthly income of THB5,000 and could not afford her tuition. Lin tried to find a job, but no one gave her a chance.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/18/changing-faces-thai-woman-gets-new-face-korean-surgery-show-photos

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-18

There was a case a couple of years ago where a man married a woman who, unknown to him, had had extensive facial plastic surgery done. They had 2 kids, who both turned out to be ugly as hell, and he couldn't figure it out. When she finally revealed the secret of her surgery, he took her to court and filed for divorce, along with suing her, and he won.

So, look at the before & after photos of this woman, and tell me that her children, if she has any, have ANY chance of looking like her as she looks now, instead of what she looked like before.

There was a case a couple of years ago where a man married a woman who, unknown to him, had had extensive facial plastic surgery done. They had 2 kids, who both turned out to be ugly as hell, and he couldn't figure it out. When she finally revealed the secret of her surgery, he took her to court and filed for divorce, along with suing her, and he won.

So, look at the before & after photos of this woman, and tell me that her children, if she has any, have ANY chance of looking like her as she looks now, instead of what she looked like before.

The 'Ugly Children Lawsuit hoax'...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ugly-children-lawsuit-hoax

post-22569-0-18776700-1453095610_thumb.j

I remember that story, I think it was in China or Hong Kong. I must admit the kids did look special..........poor little buggers!

wonder if her pale skin is photoshoped? or if they used skin whitening cream?

anyway, i think she is #87 at Baccara in BKK. Glad she was able to get a job.

TV is all Photoshop in Thailand. They brighten up everyone in the TV. Never seen actually white people in Thai TV shows? Their faces are so white that it is difficult to see any face expressions...

It was salmon semen for sure.

Those Baccara girls use a different kind.

I haven't been in that place in 8 or 9 years. Are they still that rough looking?

It was salmon semen for sure.

Those Baccara girls use a different kind.

I haven't been in that place in 8 or 9 years. Are they still that rough looking?

no, some real stunners in there, but of course some are not so hot.

of course i was with a friend from the states showing him BKK, and it was his idea to go there. :)

That is the only reason I know anything about these places. :)

Apart from the protruding front teeth, I don't consider this young lady's original features to be at all bad. A smoke and a decent hairdo would make a big difference, plus a little makeup to gild the lily if she felt so inclined wouldn't put right.

The real tragedy at the root of this bizarre story is not the girl's original appearance, but the way she was made to feel inferior and inadequate because of the way she happened to look. She is by no means alone, as we know from the thriving cosmetic surgery business and the endless counters in supermarkets stuffed with beauty aids and "warpaint" without which women are told they should not venture out.

One only has to pick up a woman's magazine so see how much pressure an entire gender is under to conform to the fashion industry's stereotypical ideas of what constitutes feminine beauty - great for the publishers, fashion houses, cosmetic firms etc on whose advertising this mindless media sector relies, but a tragedy for women who already have enough of a cross to bear as "the fair sex" without the unreasonable expectation of all being perfect.

It's time we learned to grow up as a species and stop putting so much emphasis on physical characteristics. Beauty of any kind is a wonderful thing when and wherever one comes across it, but in homo sapiens it truly is only skin deep and cannot last. Who cares? In my experience, devastatingly beautiful women all too often have nothing to offer but their looks, as they have never had to make an effort to develop an attractive personality, let alone a brain.