Would a Jeep Wrangler Pickup be the best possible vehicle to own in Thailand ?

Lumbini

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a Jeep Wangler is needed on the streets of Bangkok and other Thai cities/towns...on flat, paved city streets & sois the Wangler would do a very effective job of running over motorcycles, taxis, and pedestrians.

Tell me why need Fortuner and not Highlander or Harrier, Rave 4?

rolleyes.gif

Sorry can i ask you What car do you bought and prefer see at street?whistling.gif

Edited by ardokano

I would say a minivan is the best vehicle to buy. You see those everywhere and they have the highest average speed on the thai roads.

Yes i agree with you

but in Thailand poor choice.

Edited by ardokano

I have owned 2 Jeep Wranglers in Thailand as well as a Cherokee, these all have proved to be trouble free, comfortable rides, returning on a decent run 6.5 kilometers per liter on LPG, very capable 4 wheel drive, driven over some difficult 4 wheel trails in Laos, forded deep streams.

You feel confident driving one of these, knowing it will get you where you want to go, a well built strong vehicle.

Spares if needed can be bought over the internet from The States very cheaply, also from Suckhumvit Road Pattaya.

Tom

Old Cherokee its realy OFFROAD car

Wranglers still offroad car.

i like this is car

And be happy if in Thailand can buy this is car and many another car too.thumbsup.gif

Edited by ardokano

I had a Jeep pickup when I lived in the US. It had had a V-8, automatic transmission and full time four wheel drive. The first experience with the 4X4 was in the sand. It was like a bucking bronco. The front would jump up and then the back would jump up. I would have thought the both axles would pull at the same time. I was farming at the time and used it to pull grain wagons out of the fields and to the elevator to sell. I was pulling a loaded wagon up a little incline and it sounded like an explosion from under the truck. I unhooked the wagon and everything seemed OK. I took it to the Jeep dealer and was told that I should not be pulling anything heavy with it. I went back home after buying a repair manual from the book store. After I got everything apart, I found that the chain, about three inches wide had stretched enough for it to jump a tooth. I installed a new chain and sold the sad piece of crap and bought a 4X4 Dodge. No more full time 4X4's for me.

I had a 79 Chevy 4x4 that was full-time, it did not take me long to do the conversion to part-time.

I had a Jeep pickup when I lived in the US. It had had a V-8, automatic transmission and full time four wheel drive. The first experience with the 4X4 was in the sand. It was like a bucking bronco. The front would jump up and then the back would jump up. I would have thought the both axles would pull at the same time. I was farming at the time and used it to pull grain wagons out of the fields and to the elevator to sell. I was pulling a loaded wagon up a little incline and it sounded like an explosion from under the truck. I unhooked the wagon and everything seemed OK. I took it to the Jeep dealer and was told that I should not be pulling anything heavy with it. I went back home after buying a repair manual from the book store. After I got everything apart, I found that the chain, about three inches wide had stretched enough for it to jump a tooth. I installed a new chain and sold the sad piece of crap and bought a 4X4 Dodge. No more full time 4X4's for me.

Belonged to a 4x4 club in CA.....The number one vehicle we had to pool our AAA cards to get back for repair was the Wrangler - especially the newer they were....They suffered far more failures and are not built strong enough for what they are marketed as.....If you happen to see one racked next to a substantial 4x4 you can see just how flimsy and lightly built they are....We did not like them to come along because of breakage + part was newby owners over extending their rigs....

We'd go out 3-5 days at a time usually hitting all trail conditions so it wasn't a casual 1/2 day playtime.....

Where most/some rigs would suffer minor problems the ones on the Jeeps suffered more catastropic repairs than the other rigs.....They are cheaply and under built but do fill a "manly" niche.....

Having lived in areas where having a 4x4 was imperative & making my

living in the automotive industry there on these vehicles the stock Wrangler would not be my choice....

There are some very capable ones out there but it has taken some modding to get them there - which essentially gets them even with their competition....

As a light duty & fun 4x4 runabout they are fine.....they also can't carry/bear weight or tow.....

any big 4x4 with steel bull bars in case there is a rampaging elephant at tecso lotus

Only saw those in Walmart in the US...Usually stretching out their tee shirts/stretch pants and thongs - there's a visual for you....

Can't imagine why in the world anyone would ever want a pickup. Unless you're a builder.

The first few years here I had a Vigo 4dr 4x4 3.0 A/T short bed & it was the perfect rig for driving plus the now and then Global/Home Pro run....

Unless you're worried about the red carpet limo line or safe people (many) hauling it was the perfect utility rig for Thailand....

For tactical traffic anticipation I prefer the high ride height to see around and over other vehicles instead of staring at their trunks....We have an SUV and a Civic - never feel as safe in the Civic - for multiple reasons.....Starting with impact safety.....

In the US had 2 SUV's & a Lexus sport car.....On the open road it was fun but preferred the 4x's for 95% of the driving conditions.....

Edited by pgrahmm

It seems to me that all the OP is actually saying is - "Give boy Tonka toy", "I want" - hardly the basis for an intelligent discussion.

If the OP wanted a Tonka toy he would not even consider the steaming pile of excrement known as JEEP.

If you don't like this Jeep or ALL Jeeps why not try and articulate your objections rather than just hurl insults in its direction. This looks like becoming one of the most facile threads on the motoring section.

There could be and interesting discussion bout what vehicles you use in Thai;and

or

What 4x4s are best for use in Thailand etc etc.......but at present there seems no real arguments put forward at all.

C'mon Girls All cars/4x4 are good,,,, The thing is it depend what you are going to use it for.Sand and Dune driving Get a Hummer Driving around town and a dirt road sometimes You could get a Suzuki to do that,,,,If you want to Show of get a Merc 4x4/Bmw4x4/Ferrari4x4,,,Get my Drift? They all drive thumbsup.gif