Place to buy face-painting make-up for kids?

flare

My daughter is going to participate in a school event, and my wife wants to paint her face a bit (not full clown make-up, but some color and highlights that will go beyond adult make-up). Does anyone know a place in CM where I could find it?

Any info would be appreciated.:)

Go to the stationery store near the UN Irish pub. Its called Zirieng (Also known as Udompol) and is a treasure trove of stationery and art supplies. Most of the staff (School kids) speak pretty good english...far better than my dismal attempts at Thai!

1st floor has an area pretty well dedicated to kids activities and Im sure I saw some face paint in that area.

Its on Ratvithi Road and directly opposite 7 11.

I stopped by Zirieng today, and they don't have specific face/body paint- they did have a selection of colored powders that could be safely used on skin, but they were more for shading than design. Still, we picked up a few things and I enjoyed browsing the shop- it's an interesting place and I appreciate the recommendation.:)

My wife ended up buying a selection of eye shadow for a make-up shop on Wualai Road that will likely do the trick, though not quite as well as actual face-paint.

Sorry they didnt have it and I was also wrong on what floor the kids section is at. Its the top floor and I had a look today...correct no face paint. However all is not lost!

My second choice for stationery shops is down Huay Keow Rd. Go past Central plaza and the petrol station and on the left maybe 300-400 metres further is another stationery store. Fairly new and quite modern set up.

On the shop front display stands are sets of 'finger' paint. A set of 6 colours will cost you just 78 baht (Or thereabouts) Or you could splash out and get an even bigger set for about 90 baht. The pots are of a good size too, not too bad at that price, and better than what Ive previously found.

Hope this info is still of use to you

Thanks, but my wife managed to find some stuff that will do the trick (this involved me being dragged to several make-up shops where I couldn't have been more in the way, and I now know more about the stuff than I ever wanted to;)).

I appreciate your taking the time to look, though.

Lol.....sorry you had to go thru all the pain.

Its a bit like when they want to buy new lingerie....I prefer to be there if they want help with the fitting rather than going through endless displays of various brands.

But then I tire easily when its womens shopping. But if its man cave stuff....well thats different. Nana Screw being one such shop!

Archived