Principled park official saves the day for Iranian tourist

snoop1130

Principled park official saves the day for Iranian tourist
Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_20161221787312_NUIPfgGOQyXLcnmOZIcJuEv

KRABI: -- An Iranian man was reunited with his lost wallet containing nearly 100,000 baht worth of cash on Wednesday after an honest national park officer reported finding it.

Wuthichai Prathumthong, chief of a forest protection unit at Hat Noppharat Thara - Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park, found a pair of trousers Tuesday containing the wallet on Maya Bay.

“The wallet contained nearly 100,000 baht worth of US dollars and Thai baht, as well as the passport of 36-year-old Iranian Mohsen Talebzadeh,” said Mr Wuthichai.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Principled-park-official-saves-day-Iranian-tourist/62949?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-22

I am looking forward to the day when a "principled Thai" will not be front-page news.

Why, you prefer doom and gloom?

No Steven, he does not mean that.

Though, the fact that your mind reverts to the worst negative interpretation of what he means is itself a little revealing of you psychology.

Tell us about your childhood fondest memories, and the psychology analysis can continue, free of charge, but very public.

I am looking forward to the day when a "principled Thai" will not be front-page news.

It's true, newspapers in Thailand just like in the rest of Asia tend to run more feel-good stories than those in the West. They think good acts deserve recognition, that they're a valuable example, and that readers like them (though of course not as much as violence and gore).

But since Phuket Gazette is published and edited by farang, perhaps you could email them and tell them how tiresome you find this kind of story?

Though, the fact that your mind reverts to the worst negative interpretation of what he means is itself a little revealing of you psychology.

Tell us about your childhood fondest memories, and the psychology analysis can continue, free of charge, but very public.

I think you both have problems. Chill out guys; you live in a great country of cheap beer, food, and chicks. Life is good.

So maybe he can explain himself what he means?

Archived