Medical Insurance And Prescription Riders

Pongpat

Hi everyone..I'm a "NEW" member. I'm planning on renting a condo in Pattaya in July and retire in Thailand. I'm from the USA, I'm looking for a company that has a good medical and health insurance program that I can subscribe to as an expat.

Also and info on renting in Jomtien and retirement visas will be very helpful.

Thanks.....Happy Songkran...stay dry..

Have not seen anyone post definitive information on health care for those over 65 so do not know if it available or not. Reading of one companies pay scale a few years back did not show any rate above that age. You should be able to find several providers with a Google search. Bupa Blue Cross seems to be the most popular. You might want to continue or change to a plan in US that provides international coverage at least until you are sure this move is to be forever.

You can find visa information in the forums, on the main website and from the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate web sites.

Re Bupa Blue cross

The cover is actually appalling.

The brochures do not inform you of the unbelievable restrictions in the policy.

You have to read it to believe it.

I took out a policy with Bupa Blue Cross and when i received the policy docs was gobsmacked.

It would certainly be illegal in the West.

The cover may be reasonably cheap but if you actually end up getting almost no cover what is the point.

I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE TO GET A FULL SAMPLE OF THE FULL POLICY BEFORE PARTING WITH ANY MONEY.

Guest IT Manager

Why not ask for a copy of the policy, in full, prior to signing, rather than a sample, ful or otherwise.

Soi Nana is the place for a full sample. The beady eyed little wretches testing piddle for potassium. Fill it so they spill it.

• 3 weeks later...
Have not seen anyone post definitive information on health care for those over 65 so do not know if it available or not.  Reading of one companies pay scale a few years back did not show any rate above that age.  You should be able to find several providers with a Google search.  Bupa Blue Cross seems to be the most popular. 

You should be aware of age restrictions. According to Bupa you get guaranteed coverage without an age limit if you join them before the age of 60. If you join later you get insurance till the age of 70.

See part of mail from Bupa:

Thank you for your interesting in our health insurance. The maximum age to

join us is 65 years old. We are not provide health insurance for customers

who's over 65 years old. Sorry to inform you that in Thailand there's no

health insurance for people who's over 65 years old.

For BUPA, if the customer join us before 60 they can extend for live. If

they join us after 60, they can extend till 70 years old.

For your information.

Best regards

Phanida

Joop