No return of 90 days report by mail.

I used EMS to send my 90 days report by mail january 4. As of today (the last day for my report) I have not received the new slip from Immi. I have traced the letter and it was delivered to Immi the day after I sent it.

So my question is; Should i be concerned about this, or should I just wait some more?

Edited by Vacuum

Did you include a paid return envelope?

If not, that could be a reason for not getting the slip returned. Either way you should call them and check it was done.

Yes, a self-addressed stamped envelope. They don't aswere the phones and I hesitate to visit this monkey house (CM) hence I used the mail option.

• Like 1

It seems that you mailed it outside the 15 days before allowed. Perhaps that is the problem.

I would give a it few more days and then go to immigration before the end of the 7 days late allowance, Show the receipt for the EMS and if possible the a print out delivery confirmation.

Happened to me, called CW who said not to worry only one person doing them, take long time. Couple of weeks later rang again only to be told should have gone there before now to report it missing. You have to get a Police report (utter waste of time) take that to immigration and hope they will not cause a fuss. In my case they were very uncooperative and reluctant to just re do it. I never used the post again after that, too much hassle.

If you are really worried about it, go to the Airport Immigration Office on the next business day....explain that you mailed it in and have not received your receipt. (Repeat - airport office, not Promenada.)

You'll either get your receipt or they'll just "tell" you your next reporting date and then they'll probably tell you that you can't use the mail in option any longer - in person or online only.

There is a lengthy thread in the Chiang Mai forum discussing 90 day reporting - several people have reported similar problems as that which OP has had and that Immigration is now slow rolling the mail returns to discourage people from mailing it in. All part of that great Chiang Mai Immigration service.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's a link to the thread in the CM forum....start reading from about post #117 onward:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881961-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2016/page-5

Edited by TheAppletons

New information: apparently you may now be able to check the status of (and print) confirmation of your 90 mail-in report using the online function.

"Immigration now takes your 90-day report that you mail to them and then processes it for you in their Online TM.47 Reporting system (as long as it arrives in time -- 15 days before your report due date) . New feature - you now have the ability to look up and check the status of your report online. You access it through the Online Reporting system's alternate key -- just by entering your Passport #, Date of Birth and Nationality (instead of some lengthy Transaction Reference number). To try this, select "Check the Status of Your Application" from the Online 90-day Report Menu (see the Online Reporting Procedure above.) Now folks do not have to guess as to when Immigration has actually processed and has approved their TM.47 report. You also have the ability to print out your confirmation slip (be sure to place this in your passport). This online lookup capability is particularly useful if Immigration stops sending folks their confirmation slips by mail."

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help#TOC-Registered-Mail

• Like 1

New information: apparently you may now be able to check the status of (and print) confirmation of your 90 mail-in report using the online function.

"Immigration now takes your 90-day report that you mail to them and then processes it for you in their Online TM.47 Reporting system (as long as it arrives in time -- 15 days before your report due date) . New feature - you now have the ability to look up and check the status of your report online. You access it through the Online Reporting system's alternate key -- just by entering your Passport #, Date of Birth and Nationality (instead of some lengthy Transaction Reference number). To try this, select "Check the Status of Your Application" from the Online 90-day Report Menu (see the Online Reporting Procedure above.) Now folks do not have to guess as to when Immigration has actually processed and has approved their TM.47 report. You also have the ability to print out your confirmation slip (be sure to place this in your passport). This online lookup capability is particularly useful if Immigration stops sending folks their confirmation slips by mail."

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help#TOC-Registered-Mail

I don't think that will work. The only reports saved in the online system are those done through the online reporting system.

Mail in and reports done in person will not be there since the online system is not tied to the local immigration office reporting system.

It seems that you mailed it outside the 15 days before allowed. Perhaps that is the problem.

I would give a it few more days and then go to immigration before the end of the 7 days late allowance, Show the receipt for the EMS and if possible the a print out delivery confirmation.

Has something changed? The Immigration website still says that mailed in 90 day reports has to be sent at least 15 days before the due date. The OP sent his report 20 days before due date, so should be living up to the stated requirement.

Sophon

• Like 1