Cabinet nods 35 billion baht for Village Fund project

webfact

Cabinet nods 35 billion baht for Village Fund project

31-1-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The cabinet on Tuesday approved a 35 billion baht budget for the Village Fund project to be used for the development of infrastructures in villages and rural communities.

Each of the 79,556 villages and rural communities throughout the country will receive a 500,000 baht fund through the Office of Village Fund for the development of infrastructure projects such as rice barns, fruit or vegetable drying shades, rice mills, fertilizer-making plants and other projects which will help enhance rural economy.

Because of the need to implement the projects in haste, disbursement of the fund must be completed in six months with the hope that the activities will help spur grassroot economy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/148220

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-27

I will wait and see what my village does with the money, before making a judgement , We have a very astute head lady who is all for the community,

good to see some taxes being collected is getting shared back to the people , now its up to the people to make sure their village benefits from the money, and remove the head people if they do not see where the money was spent, WISELY !

Have these villages paid previous "LOANS" they have been handed

in the past?,I thought this was a Thaksin idea,to buy votes,so what is

the purpose now,Oh yes to bring happiness and more debit to the villagers.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

Is there a record somewhere of this being a loan, or was that in your imagination?

It's a fairly simple thing to identify the needs of each village as they will differ in many cases, ie; drought prevention, water supply, flood prevention, health clinic supply's, education, road works, etc, most villages family's already have a rice barn, have rice mills, ect.

Now if REAL account keeping and auditing could be done then there is a chance that improvement's can be made.

regards Worgeordie

It's just another example of the Junta slavishly copying Thaksin's populist policies - as the Democrats did also - in a hypocritical attempt to win the kind of electorally spectacular popularity Thaksin enjoyed.Will it work? I could not possibly comment.

I will wait and see what my village does with the money, before making a judgement , We have a very astute head lady who is all for the community,

good to see some taxes being collected is getting shared back to the people , now its up to the people to make sure their village benefits from the money, and remove the head people if they do not see where the money was spent, WISELY !

Being a head of a village is an Investment. You have to bribe the voters to get the Head of a village. Now guess how they will get their return of invest?

I have been once in a community where some super clever head had decided to build a 1km bicycle lane from the next school to his village. So they splitted around 20% of the road on the right side by putting every 30cm a fixed plastic pylon on the road. There must have been at least 1000pylons. It looks so ridicolous if you see it. In the middle of nothing 1km brand new plastic pylons just to split around 30cm of road on the ride side. End of the story, after around 1 year half of the pylons were stolen or have been ran over.... Head of the village built himself a new house by the way....

Being a head of a village is an Investment. You have to bribe the voters to get the Head of a village. Now guess how they will get their return of invest?

I have been once in a community where some super clever head had decided to build a 1km bicycle lane from the next school to his village. So they splitted around 20% of the road on the right side by putting every 30cm a fixed plastic pylon on the road. There must have been at least 1000pylons. It looks so ridicolous if you see it. In the middle of nothing 1km brand new plastic pylons just to split around 30cm of road on the ride side. End of the story, after around 1 year half of the pylons were stolen or have been ran over.... Head of the village built himself a new house by the way....

fortunately i have a different optimistic view,

from prior results in my village and the common sense where soi's got tarmac and heavy areas that are used by sugar cane trucks got upgraded thick cement roads , still ongoing , and upgrading.

The last disbursement saw new drains laid along about 400m of the road through the village. Now we have concrete channels full of stagnant water that doesn't drain properly (before drainage was only a problem over a 50 metre stretch). In the process they dug up parts of the good road and replaced it with 2" thick concrete which cracked up within days. What a waste.

regards Worgeordie

It's just another example of the Junta slavishly copying Thaksin's populist policies - as the Democrats did also - in a hypocritical attempt to win the kind of electorally spectacular popularity Thaksin enjoyed.Will it work? I could not possibly comment.

only a billion dollars - not worth getting upset about..... how much is a used Chinese submarine these days?

Archived