Someone recorded me walking into my apartment

Hal65

Yesterday around 7pm, what look to be a 18 year old Thai guy was standing in the Soi outside my apartment. He was fair skinned and dressed decently. I passed him and walked the stairs to the 2nd floor.

On the 2nd floor near my apartment I noticed the guy with his phone out pointing it right at me/my apartment as if he was taking a picture or recording. After I went inside I peaked through the peephole and saw him walking off.

I haven't made any enemies with bar girls but 2 things come to mind

1) Some sort of immigration check (I'm on ED Visa)

2) Chance of a targeted burglary? (But why? I live in a 5k baht apartment and my possessions are modest at best)

Just curious if anyone has heard of anything like this happening and can spot the signs, thanks.

Yes, he's casing the place. Looking for method of entry, double lock etc.. Nothing you can do really other than not keep/leave anything valuable inside. These type of thieves, especially in a low rent area which you describe, don't want to break in when you are there. They have already established there is no security, cameras or otherwise. Their luck is better with farang apartments. They are looking for laptops and cheap safes. Quick in and out, away.

Edited by BruceMangosteen

Yes, he's casing the place. Looking for method of entry, double lock etc.. Nothing you can do really other than not keep/leave anything valuable inside. These type of thieves, especially in a low rent area which you describe, don't want to break in when you are there. They have already established there is no security, cameras or otherwise. Their luck is better with farang apartments. They are looking for laptops and cheap safes. Quick in and out, away.

Good luck to him then because I am here 22-24 hours a day, heh. And there is a security cam in the ground level entrance and my soi is not secluded, being on 2nd road with Thai people hanging out until 10pm or so.

Well we'll see!

Edited by Hal65

Bruce, how can you make such assumptions, based on so little info about a 18 year old guy? There could be plenty of other reasons........

But anyway, I'd at least have something to surprise a burglar. Not a bar girl, maybe another girl?

Think twice. If you see him again, shoot a movie of this guy. Or just ask him why he's doing that?

A 230 volt wardrobe would be my surprise. ( Just an example....)

Good luck to him then because I am here 22-24 hours a day, heh. And there is a security cam in the ground level entrance and my soi is not secluded, being on 2nd road with Thai people hanging out until 10pm or so.

Well we'll see!

22-24 hours in your apartment a day and being on an ED visa? Sure he is from immigration.

Fatfather

Non paranoid Theory: He and his girlfriend (both medical students) are looking for a place to move to while working 2 jobs and going to temple every day. She sent him out & about to view some apartments with vacancies, make some photos, and report back to her with his findings. He used his camera so he could present her with a photo report. You got in the way. The end.

Things to consider, for the pragmatic...;

What's the likelihood of a Thai guy who lives in Patts works two jobs and goes to the temple daily?

What's the likelihood that a Thai guy who works in Patts, works two jobs and goes to the temple every day, has the time to drive around randomly taking pictures of apartments that he does not know are vacant, let alone the price?

What's the likelihood that a Thai guy in Patts, who works two jobs and goes to the temple daily, has a girlfriend that he listens too?

What's the likelihood that a girl in Patts has a loyal boyfriend that works two jobs and goes to the temple every day?

What's the likelihood that you're being set up?

I'd be breaking out the Anarchist Cookbook...

Edited by onetime

Well we'll see!

your really enjoying the delights of Thailand, in a 5000 baht room 22-24 hours a day.

How do you know he is 18....if he is 18 is he not a bit young to be working "undercover for immigration".

I get "take photo nah" all the time here and more so out in distant Isaan.... they like to take photos of Farrangs there due to the rarity value of the specimen.

Did you film him or take some pictures of him?

Good idea and let him see you take the photo so if he tries anything like a a B& E you have something to show the BIB , if they are interested.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine a few weeks back, a week later, he was found on Jomtien Beach, buried up to his neck with a Masonic emblem carved on his forehead.

• 2 weeks later...