Thailand's 'Luk Thep' doll fad causes mixed reactions amongst local businesses

webfact

The dolls are cute. They are funny. You can spend money yet it's not strictly 'bling'. The dolls are for entertainment. And that's about it. Nothing much else involved. Nothing at all. Same as children. I won't use the T word, that would be going a bit too far. But these are just dolls. So it's cool.

My poodle would disagree. It eats, and pees, and sh#ts.

If these are too much of a bother, try the Japanese robotic version.

"local celebrity reportedly praised the doll for its ability to bring their owners good luck."
I am wondering how much did it cost for a doll manufacturer?

just one more intentionally caused mass psychosis in order to force people to buy something for much more than cost price. same as when cloths manufacturer pays a lot to celebrities to wear a shirt which cost price is just 5-7% of the selling price.

business as usual

Edited by TimmyT

Some common sense seems to be coming to the fore. Airlines need to rethink a policy of allowing passengers to buy seats for these voodoo toys. Better yet, the government needs to educate some people on the difference between superstition and real life. Trouble is, politicians are more superstitious than most.

Some common sense seems to be coming to the fore. Airlines need to rethink a policy of allowing passengers to buy seats for these voodoo toys. Better yet, the government needs to educate some people on the difference between superstition and real life. Trouble is, politicians are more superstitious than most.

One blessed Luk Thep for your vote...

waiting for the first one to be kidnapped, how much ransom???

That is a great idea. A whole host of businesses could develop from that. Negotiators for release on a commission; doctors to repair the damage and psychologists for the dolls when they are released.

What do you expect from a backward nation.

One of my Thai friends bought one of these dolls for 10000Baht. Last year she bought a cat doll promoted by a Myanmar monk/temple to give good luck and fortune for 5000Baht... Even with a PhD in education she still buy these things!!!