Going to laos do I need green book in my name?

BeefSlapper

Hi. Im about to get Monster 821 new. Picking it 3 feb.

Orginaly its all in my gf name. Finance and green book.

Im thinking I could go to Laos for visas on it sometime in future.

Question is do I need my name in green book in order to cross the border?

If her name is on it I will not go out right?

Can you put 2 names in greenbook?

Thanks

You need the green book in your hand.

If the bike is on finance .. Do you get the green book ?

No, you can't have two names as far as I'm aware.

You will also need a power of attorney form / permission form that's from your girlfriend. You can download it from Rideasia website and then get it stamped up at your DLT.

After that you shouldn't have any problems.

While you are at the DLT get yourself an English translation for 25B, you should have one but usually they won't bother you, but as your at the DLT, you might as well.

You need the green book in your hand.

If the bike is on finance .. Do you get the green book ?

No, you can't have two names as far as I'm aware.

You will also need a power of attorney form / permission form that's from your girlfriend. You can download it from Rideasia website and then get it stamped up at your DLT.

After that you shouldn't have any problems.

While you are at the DLT get yourself an English translation for 25B, you should have one but usually they won't bother you, but as your at the DLT, you might as well.

I think they give copy of green book, i dont have bike yet, picking it 3 feb.

I think it might be still possible to make finance in her name and bike green book in my name or both must be in the same name :)

cheers

If the book is in your girlfriends name, it's not a problem. That's why you get the permission form from her before you leave.

I think the issue is having the actual green book in your hand. Having never bought bikes on finance I can't help you, but I'm sure the finance company keep the book until your all paid up.

ETS: So rideasia says you don't need the green book. Copies will suffice.

My gf just bought a new bike on finance and will not get her Green Book until her loan is paid. I just bought a new bike cash and got my Green Book when I got my white plate about 2 months after purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if copy is enough how would they know bike is on finance? Cant tell

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Because you won't have a green book :) and that is what is what I thought was needed ( which is why the rideasia post is confusing me )

TBH .. You are going to Savanakhet to get a visa ? A brand spanking new monster isn't the bike for Laos. It's not a country of speed, you got hoards of little kids riding about on push bikes and pigs wandering all over the main roads and that leaves a lot of other roads that are just smashed.

Instead of flying up, where you end up wasting so much time, due to the inconvenient schedule, you might want to ride your monster ( and you must be itching to, right ? ) and leave it at the secure parking at the Mukdahan bridge then pick it up the next day and ride half way back to Bangkok on pretty decent roads.

So if copy is enough how would they know bike is on finance? Cant tell

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Because you won't have a green book :) and that is what is what I thought was needed ( which is why the rideasia post is confusing me )

TBH .. You are going to Savanakhet to get a visa ? A brand spanking new monster isn't the bike for Laos. It's not a country of speed, you got hoards of little kids riding about on push bikes and pigs wandering all over the main roads and that leaves a lot of other roads that are just smashed.

Instead of flying up, where you end up wasting so much time, due to the inconvenient schedule, you might want to ride your monster ( and you must be itching to, right ? ) and leave it at the secure parking at the Mukdahan bridge then pick it up the next day and ride half way back to Bangkok on pretty decent roads.

Also they do NOT allow bikes into Laos at Savanakhet/Mukdahan. Only exit.

So your new bike without book or number plates will get as far as the bridge, where it will have to be parked up while you take a taxi into town to get your visa ( the next day).

Sorry to 'piss on your chips' as it were but for warned is for armed.

Archived