Divorce, remarry problem.

malt25

G;day all.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

In 2009 I married a Thai national & took her & her 2 teenage daughters to Australia. Unfortunately she found the bright lights & we parted in 2012. I applied for & received an Australian divorce, uncontested.

I wish to marry my current partner of 2 years. Besides the obvious reasons to marry, I hope to change from retirement extension to extension based on marriage.

I've had the Australian divorce certificate translated & certified by an authorized translator.

My problem. I've been advised by a Thai solicitor that an Ampur will not accept the certified Australian divorce, thus preventing me remarrying.

I reside in Thailand & my ex resides in Australia. She is unlikely to come to Thailand anytime in the near future.

I can travel to Australia to have the divorce certified by the Thai embassy, unfortunately that will mean interstate travel for both my ex & myself. She has advised that neither she nor her current partner are keen for her to help me out in this situation.

So, any ideas how I might get myself in a position to remarry ?

Thanks..... Mal.

Colin is right and I have sent you a pm with more details about how to get the certificate.

HL biggrin.png

Thanks both Harry & Colin thumbsup.gif

I'm about to have a very BIG & very cold beer on that news. Maybe a couple more to celebrate.

Best news I've had for a while.

Cheers guys.clap2.gif

Colin is right and I have sent you a pm with more details about how to get the certificate.

HL biggrin.png

Thanks both Harry & Colin thumbsup.gif

I'm about to have a very BIG & very cold beer on that news. Maybe a couple more to celebrate.

Best news I've had for a while.

Cheers guys.clap2.gif

Oops, sorry, Larry. wai.gif