Foreigner among six charged for stealing Phuket national park land

rooster59

Foreigner among six charged for stealing Phuket national park land

post-247607-0-86146600-1454201852_thumb.

PHUKET: Six people, including a foreigner, were charged by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) for falsifying land documents to steal Phuket national park land.

“This particular encroachment case is about 92 rai of Sirinath National Park land that was stolen using a flying SorKor 1,” explained Lt Col Prawut Wongseenin, the director of the DSI’s Bureau of Consumer Protection and Environmental Crime.

Flying SorKor 1s are title deeds that have been legally issued for a specific plot of land, but are then applied to another plot of land elsewhere.

“We have clear proof that the SorKor 1 that was used to obtain a Chanote for national park land was in fact for a plot of land in the Thalang community,” said Lt Col Prawut.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Foreigner-among-six-charged-stealing-Phuket-national/63016?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-31

“We supplied evidence that might be used to prove that government officers knowingly issued a Chanote for a flying SorKor 1,” Col Prawut said. “Most of those officers under investigation are high ranking ones.”

About time! Probably the same ones that issued the chanotes for the Sea Gypsy Village.

“This particular encroachment case is about 92 rai of Sirinath National Park land that was stolen using a flying SorKor 1,”

Flying SorKor 1s are title deeds that have been legally issued for a specific plot of land, but are then applied to another plot of land elsewhere.

May I suggest not to allow SorKor 1s to fly, but to keep them grounded (pun intended), and if officials indeed need a document to fulfill that particular function, then create it and name it let's say SorKor 2, or if the name is taken whatever strikes your fancy (SorKor 3 comes to mind). Let me further suggest that you may only use a given document for the purpose it was intended and drafted and if you want to use it for another purpose you simply can't and have to get a brand new and different document for that purpose..., meaning you or officials cannot alter a document, period.

nah, what am I thinking, ...

It was most likely something the foreigner was sold,

and now that he has the deed,

he's on the hook for how he purchased the property?

Who he bought the land from?

Perhaps, even where the money came from?

Tough times ahead for the person whose names are or might be on these chanots indeed. coffee1.gif

Foreigners can own land in Thailand? How?

My guess would be through a company? The Thais are probably the shareholders needed for him to create the company. I do doubt whether he would be able to set this up or even come up with such an idea. Sounds like he's been striped up, big time!

What I would like to be made clear is if these guys were involved with the transfers

or just bought the land from the people that did and are just left holding the bag so

to speak. whistling.gif

I'm guessing it's the French guy that paid a LOT for the place. He and his land title were in the news a few years ago as encroaching into the parkland.

Maybe this one, Jimi007?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-expat-Frenchman-stands-to-lose-B100mn-home-in-national-park-land-raid/16783#ad-image-0

Looks like they have come back for another payment to make it go away again for another 3 years.

“We supplied evidence that might be used to prove that government officers knowingly issued a Chanote for a flying SorKor 1,” Col Prawut said. “Most of those officers under investigation are high ranking ones.”

About time! Probably the same ones that issued the chanotes for the Sea Gypsy Village.

"Probably the same ones that issued the chanotes for the Sea Gypsy Village." - probably the same ones that issued the chanotes on a lot of land that foreigners have bought.