Suvarnabhumi overstay procedure/possible complication

I am planning on overstaying for four days [meant to depart 7th Feb; plan to leave 11th]. Can someone tell me what the procedure is when I get to Suvarnabhumi aiport? I.E. what do I have to different...is there some desk I need to report to first... etc. Only asking because I would prefer to spare myself any possible delays.

Also, leaving on the 11th would put me at over 90 days total stay in Thailand. It's my understanding that you're supposed to report yourself to the authorities after 90 days. If I don't, will this cause any complications?

FYI, I have an overstay of three days when I got my 30-day visa extension last month - in case this matters.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Recently, before I returned to Canada, I posed a question concerning leaving after 92 days. Did I report at Immigration or not before departing? I did go and report and asked an Immigration official what would happen should I not have reported at the end of 90 days. Her answer, "If you do not report and it is noticed at the airport then you will have to pay a fine of 2000 Baht. If you do not report and leave the country and it is not seen you did not report, then, when you return you could have trouble because all 90 days reports are put onto the computer system. That can prevent you from entering or you could receive a heavier fine. I suggest you make the report for your own good."

I am a person who believes in doing things the legal way, wherever I am living. I make the same suggestion as she did - make the 90 days report before leaving as it will make the reentry process so much easier and without complications. It took about 30 minutes when I went to Immigration, except I got there just before lunch so had to add an extra hour onto my wait time.

If you leave from any airport in Thailand and are considered to be overstay, the first day is usually waived, but this does not apply if leaving by any other means of transportation.

Edited by wotsdermatter

Recently, before I returned to Canada, I posed a question concerning leaving after 92 days. Did I report at Immigration or not before departing? I did go and report and asked an Immigration official what would happen should I not have reported at the end of 90 days. Her answer, "If you do not report and it is noticed at the airport then you will have to pay a fine of 2000 Baht. If you do not report and leave the country and it is not seen you did not report, then, when you return you could have trouble because all 90 days reports are put onto the computer system. That can prevent you from entering or you could receive a heavier fine. I suggest you make the report for your own good."

I am a person who believes in doing things the legal way, wherever I am living. I make the same suggestion as she did - make the 90 days report before leaving as it will make the reentry process so much easier and without complications. It took about 30 minutes when I went to Immigration, except I got there just before lunch so had to add an extra hour onto my wait time.

The OP's situation is different to yours. He has a permit to stay from a visa entry and has no requirement to report. He must leave the country on or before day 90. You, I assume, have an extension of stay and are required to report every 90 days.

You cannot be denied entry for missing a 90 day report! The absolute worst case is a 5,000 baht fine. There are no consequences beyond that.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Verlis

The 90 days report is free, except for getting to Immigration and back, and the time spent waiting. Remember that the office is closed for lunch between noon and 1:00 pm as the Thai government does not believe in or has not heard of staggered office hours. If going to Chiang Wattaner (?SP), you must go through to the front desk, inside where the report is made, fill out the appropriate form take that into the next room, obtain a numbered ticket then go into the reporting room. Sit down and wait until your number is called then take passport, report form and number to the right place and hand everything over. The reporting is now all computerised and take but a minute or two to complete. You will receive a small printout to be kept in your passport just in case anybody wants to check you out, if you know who I mean.

Elvirajero

When I made my original posting concerning whether or not I should report, you replied but you had not read my post correctly and made errors in your comment. This time, you are making an assumption, and again you are incorrect. I was in Thailand on my Non-Immigrant retirement visa but still had to report. I did not, "...have an extension of stay and are required to report every 90 days," as you state. Even with my type of visa a person has to make a 90 days report and if a person does not that person can be in a bit of trouble when leaving, and seen not to have made the report, or will have trouble coming back and may have to pay a heavier fine. I know because I did ask just to be sure. Visit an Immigration office and check it out. My job as a Clinical Psychologist makes me check and recheck everything before taking actions such as reporting or not. If anybody visits Thailand, regardless of the type of visa they have, they must make a 90 days report if they are here for that length of time, or longer.

Edited by wotsdermatter
  • Like 1

Elvirajero

WhenI made my original posting concerning whether or not I should report. You replied but you had not read my post correctly. This time, you are making an assumption, and again you are incorrect. I was in Thailand on my Non-Immigrant retirement visa, not but still had to report. I did not, "...have an extension of stay and are required to report every 90 days," as you state. Even with my type of visa a person has to make a 90 days report and if a person does not that person can be in a bit of trouble when leaving, and seen not to have made the report, or will have trouble coming back and may have to pay a heavier fine. I know because I did ask just to be sure. Visit an Immigration office and check it out. My job as a Clinical Psychologist makes me check and recheck everything before taking actions such as reporting or not.

My mates been here on a multiple entry non immigrant o visa for 15 years,he's never reported because incidentally he leaves Thailand and re enters every 90 days.

• Like 2

Elvirajero

Your friend would not have to make a 90 days report if he leaves and re-enters every 90 days. My Visa is the same but I have work to do in Canada and leave and can re-enter if it is within the time frame of my visa, but report if I am staying more than 90 days.

Edited by wotsdermatter

Verlis

The 90 days report is free, except for getting to Immigration and back, and the time spent waiting. Remember that the office is closed for lunch between noon and 1:00 pm as the Thai government does not believe in or has not heard of staggered office hours. If going to Chiang Wattaner (?SP), you must go through to the front desk, inside where the report is made, fill out the appropriate form take that into the next room, obtain a numbered ticket then go into the reporting room. Sit down and wait until your number is called then take passport, report form and number to the right place and hand everything over. The reporting is now all computerised and take but a minute or two to complete. You will receive a small printout to be kept in your passport just in case anybody wants to check you out, if you know who I mean.

"Thai government does not believe in or has not heard of staggered office hours."

Having staggered office hours would make no difference in most cases. If you have 100 people in the office and they take their lunch break 25 at a time in four shifts it just means that the office would be understaffed over four times as long. In most immigrations offices only a small number of people perform a certain task, such as processing 90 day reports or extensions of stay based on retirement. So whether they all go to lunch at once or do so over a longer time, it will still slow down the processing time by an equivalent amount of time for those waiting in a queue to be served.

In any event, allowing staff to take their lunch break together might be considered a considerate thing for the Thai staff who work everyday rather than catering to Khun Farang who might spend a few minutes longer once every few months.

As has been stated several times, someone here on a visa entry does not need to do a 90 day report with a few exceptions such as those who are on a valid O-A visa and who have been in the Kingdom for 90 continuous days.

if a person does not that person can be in a bit of trouble when leaving, and seen not to have made the report, or will have trouble coming back

Border and airport immigrations do not check or concern themselves with 90 day reports. Failing to do the report would be an issue when you next have some reason to visit the immigrations office that serves your area of residence and to whom you should be making reports. If you;re a clinical psychologist you should learn to unwind a bit. OCD can be a trial, but remember this is a community message board not some service for which you're paying or for which other posters are working on commission.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

As to the debate over the 90 day report it should be noted that the report date allows for a few days after such date.If exiting during that few days leeway it would unlikely ever be a problem if the visa or extension of stay is currently valid past the report date.

The exception to that is if exiting after the expiry of a visa of 90 days. 1 day over is deemed overstay.