New model of Ford Ranger Wildtrak?

dagling

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Ford Ranger underwent a significant minor change in July 2015, with new front end styling, all new interior, revised suspension, better noise control and revised engines.

The top-spec 3.2L 6AT 4x4 Wildtrak underwent a further update in late December 2015, adding several new active safety features - the rest of the range remains unchanged though.

The next significant update is expected in 2018 (most probably H2), with the major difference being the introduction of Ford's new Panther series of engines.

The Ford Ranger underwent a significant minor change in July 2015, with new front end styling, all new interior, revised suspension, better noise control and revised engines.

The top-spec 3.2L 6AT 4x4 Wildtrak underwent a further update in late December 2015, adding several new active safety features - the rest of the range remains unchanged though.

The next significant update is expected in 2018 (most probably H2), with the major difference being the introduction of Ford's new Panther series of engines.

Just for grins, what were the 'new active safety features' added at Christmas?

Just for grins, what were the 'new active safety features' added at Christmas?

Adaptive cruise control

Lane Keeping assist

Forward collision mitigation

Driver alert system

Adaptive cruise control

Lane Keeping assist

Driver alert system

Bit off topic - but all those extras - if they malfunction will the system just stop working or does the system go into limp mode until the offender is repaired ? Most seem to be designed for drivers who do not pay close enough attention.

Adaptive cruise control

Lane Keeping assist

Driver alert system

Bit off topic - but all those extras - if they malfunction will the system just stop working or does the system go into limp mode until the offender is repaired ? Most seem to be designed for drivers who do not pay close enough attention.

Adaptive cruise control only works when you turn it on.

Lean Keeping Assist is defeatable (thankfully), and automatically shuts off when there's no data. Not my favorite feature though... it doesn't understand that sometimes you need to veer into another lane to avoid a motorbike...

Forward collision mitigation can be set to warning only, or brake pre-charge only modes (i.e. no active braking) if desired.

Driver alert system is only a warning chime and popup on the right display - so no too intrusive if it gets it wrong - it's primarily looking for normal corrective steering and accelerator inputs - so not prone to false alarms.

In all cases, if there's not enough data (fouled radar, sensors or camera) it will warn you that the feature is unavailable, but everything else is business as usual.

Edited by IMHO

Let's knock this on the head before the Toyota fans get too excited wink.png

2.2L Rangers cost a fixed price of 28,570 Baht (inc VAT) to service up to (and including) 105,000KM in the SSP program.

3.2L models cost 30,620 Baht

Most other brands are going to cost you around 2,700 - 3,000 Baht every 10,000KM if using synthetic oil, with the 40/80,000 services costing between 5-7K Baht when brake/transmission/coolant/fuel and air filters are also changed. Do your own math biggrin.png

Edited by IMHO

Before anyone buys one of these things, I would check out their service costs as I have been told they are stupid expensive?

Myke, you were well informed on mini preperation but now less informed on ford service costs AND the Ford product is far superior to what else is available in that range.

Cost from distributor for shocks FYI (price from my own shop)

Ford Ranger WT OEM shock Front 2WD: 1,300 THB

Ford Ranger WT OEM shock Rear 2WD: 1,325 THB

Toyota Hilux (REVO) OEM shock Front 2WD: 1,450 THB

Toyota Hilux (REVO) OEM shock Rear 2WD: 1,600 THB

Chevrolet Colorado OEM Shock Front 2WD: 1,180 THB

Chevrolet Colorado OEM Shock Rear 2WD: 890 THB

Dmax OEM Shock Front 2WD: 1,605 THB

Dmax OEM Shock Rear 2WD: 1,080 THB

FYI :)

Before anyone buys one of these things, I would check out their service costs as I have been told they are stupid expensive?

Myke, you were well informed on mini preperation but now less informed on ford service costs AND the Ford product is far superior to what else is available in that range.

Well give us the real costs.

Cost from distributor for shocks FYI (price from my own shop)

Ford Ranger WT OEM shock Front 2WD: 1,300 THB

Ford Ranger WT OEM shock Rear 2WD: 1,325 THB

Toyota Hilux (REVO) OEM shock Front 2WD: 1,450 THB

Toyota Hilux (REVO) OEM shock Rear 2WD: 1,600 THB

Chevrolet Colorado OEM Shock Front 2WD: 1,180 THB

Chevrolet Colorado OEM Shock Rear 2WD: 890 THB

Dmax OEM Shock Front 2WD: 1,605 THB

Dmax OEM Shock Rear 2WD: 1,080 THB

FYI smile.png

If shock prices were linear to ride quality, Ford could charge a lot more then that :P

Look at Mr IMOH Offical Service PricesChart in the other Everest thread ...with SSP not too bad at all ...and as said ...bring quality into the equation and it becomes dirt cheap

Ford EV shocks front: 1,365 THB

Ford EV shocks rear: 1,455 THB

Fortuner (new) Front: 1,900 THB

Fortuner (new) Rear: 1,500 THB

FYI smile.png

Will the EV shocks fit a Fortuner? Could be a cost saving upgrade tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Nah they don't fit. The EV shocks are much thicker in comparison with the Fortuner's shocks.

What's even more sad is that they are bod made by the same supplier...

So how much is? Can you tell ?

I just loook you tall about " stupid expensive" but no show any proof.

My nearest neighbour just had his first service 6367.00 cheap NO a real rip off hell it is only a Ford nothing real quality??

My nearest neighbour just had his first service 6367.00 cheap NO a real rip off hell it is only a Ford nothing real quality??

The first service on my Triton was 1200 baht.

Ford quality product . Please do me a favour, they are just the same as any old pickup but with absolute crap aftersales service and rip off service and parts costs. I will never buy another one.

FYI: first service cost for a Ford Ranger should be 3,410 THB (WT 3.2 4x4) with the biggest junk being synthetic oil at 2,200 THB.

Everest (3.2L 4x4) should be 3,655 THB.

Therefore, he probably agreed to change something apart from the regular service.

Also Ford actually changes the AC filter in the car. Mitsubishi doesn't.

if you buy the AC filter for your a triton or PJS you pay an additional 750 THB.

So if we really want to compare cost of service then we should compare.

Ford Engine Oil: 2,200 THB + 570 THB - Synthetic Oil (Engine + Filter + Pan)

Ford Oil Filter: 245 THB

Oil Washer Plug: 35 THB

Odour Filter: 300 THB

Balancing Weight for your tires: 60 THB (They won't charge if they don't change).

Mitsubishi Engine Oil: 1,700 THB + 300 THB - Synthetic Oil (Engine + filter + Pan)

Mitsubishi Oil Filter: 220 THB

Oil Washer Plug: 17 THB

Odour Filter: 750 THB (Cost from Mitsubishi Distribution Website) Additional service.

Balancing Weight: ?

Ford has a much more comprehensive periodic service than Mitsubishi does. That's why there is such a difference in cost.

If you don't tell Mitsubishi to change your odour filter, then they won't. Same goes for Ford, tell them you don't want to change your odour filter and they won't.

It's that simple.

If your happy to drive with semi-synthetic oil than that's ok. All I can say is that the profit they make from semi-synthetic or synthetic stays at 30%.

Ford just prefers to use synthetic because of their 15,000 KM intervals or 9 Months (shorter if heavy usage).

I am a Ford fanboy? Not really never owned one, will own one soon.

Previous cars are PJS, Fortuner, Freelander, etc in Thailand.

We just need to compare apples with apples and that's it. Does anyone force you to do your service with a dealer?

No. Are you worried in keeping your warranty? Maybe, but warranty in Thailand generally doesn't mean so much.

Is Ford quality worse than Mitsubishi? Check your local Mitsubishi dealer and ask why they are panicking about deliveries now with the new PJS.

(recall, JATCO, steering column).

The first service on 2.2L models costs 3,125 Baht inc VAT, 3.2L models cost 3,410 inc VAT.

25% cheaper if you take advantage of the SSP promotion right now.

Labor is free for the first 45 months/75,000KM.

Proof:

07-ford-ranger-2-2l-tcdi-4x4-at.pdf

08-ford-ranger-3-2l-tcdi-4x4-at.pdf

The first service on my Triton was 1200 baht.

The first service on your Triton was at 1,000KM though, and was only an oil change, tightening bolts, and removing the slag from the oil pan plug... next service at 10,000KM.

The first service for Ford's is at 15,000KM