Good phones around the 3k mark?

2008bangkok

...seen some phones at 7/11 through TRUE...real cheap...like even 500 baht...but not sure about the specs etc.....

...would like to know for myself too....

...I was told there was a disadvantage with the Sonys.....

...would like to use LINE and a comprehensive package including internet to be more mobile and connected too....

I just got myself the Samsung J2 a couple of days ago I have a 1 year contract ! free ais to ais talk from 5am to 5pm + 150 minutes talk time to other providers +1.5 gb internet total cost which include 8 months rent was in the region of 4,400 baht have to say it is all singing and dancing very pleased with it !!!! Take a visit to your ais store !!!!!

I would like to buy my kids a phone so they can play youtube and games and stop repeatedly using mine and flattening the battery!

Is there anything for around the 3k mark? what would be ideal is if there was a ipod type thing for android with 5inch screen.

Thanks

If you have time to wait to be delivered, you can buy online for just under $60us a HomTom ht7 which is under 2000 baht,excellent well built phone with a good battery and 5.5 inch screen, try on everbuying and they throw in a pack including case and screen protector.

Yes it is Chinese but the specs are excellent for the money, homtom is built but Doogee

If you can't wait they sell Doogee phones on Lazada but you pay more.

Bought my wife a Doogee X5 from AliExpress. Around 2000B.

Great little phone, Android 5, dual sim, only 3G.

I was amazed at what you can get for the price given what I paid for my last iPhone.

You just posted before me, Doogee are great phones for the price, I just ordered a Homtom ht7 online for 2000 baht as back up to my other high spec chinese phone, its it also for my son so I can get my hands on my phonevas he loves it. Edited by nev

Can't name a brand, but a friend bought something from DTAC for 1.6k baht and I felt it was way too slow and too many other compromises. For 3k you'd probably get something decent. I tend to go half way up the price range (not flagship but not entry level) and have never been disappointed. I think for your needs that you mention you're in the right territory price wise.

I did have a look at the Samsung J2/J5/J7 the other day, and the J2 looks like a decent phone without being ostentatious.

Cheers for the advice guys look like some good ideas here..

The reason why i prefer phone size s that quicker to charge than tablets, tablets seem to take hours but a phone can be up to 50% in an hour or so

The two 7" items I mentioned had battery approx 4200 ma

I would like to buy my kids a phone so they can play youtube and games and stop repeatedly using mine and flattening the battery!

Is there anything for around the 3k mark? what would be ideal is if there was a ipod type thing for android with 5inch screen.

Thanks

If you have time to wait to be delivered, you can buy online for just under $60us a HomTom ht7 which is under 2000 baht,excellent well built phone with a good battery and 5.5 inch screen, try on everbuying and they throw in a pack including case and screen protector.

Yes it is Chinese but the specs are excellent for the money, homtom is built but Doogee

If you can't wait they sell Doogee phones on Lazada but you pay more.

Do these have both Thai and English keys? Thanks

The Doogee X5 has Thai and English capability.

So probably the HomTom has also. But Nev might be able to confirm.

Yes they do, I have had a few Chinese phones and I just go into language in settings and change to Thai or English very easy to do.

Those Homtom look great at the price, just over 2k delivered, you cannot beat that.

Only problem is its Chinese new year starting tommorow :(

Yes mate they are excellent value for the money, I think ordering now will take longer as they will be on holiday over there, but why not put a order in now.

I have bought several Doogee phones for family members...great value for the money. Two are more than 2 years old and still working well. If you don't want to wait, Lazada.com has several models on sale from B2000 on up. The B2000 DG280 LEO is not a great phone, most reviews say camera not very good but not a bad value, especially for a kid.

The X5 or the Homtom are both great values. Gearbest.com and everbuying.com usually have them for $60 with free shipping. Delivery usually 2 to 3 weeks.

• 2 months later...

I just bought this i-mobile IQ 5.9 DTV 3G 8GB for 2,850 and seems very good - have avoided smart phones due battery life but with Wi-Fi turned off this seems to use little power and works well - with 18 & 8MP cameras it stands above most others in this price range and being a year old price has been greatly reduced. Would also accept mini-sim as well as micro-sim so did not have to change.

i-mobile-iq-5-9-dtv-3g-8gb-drake-blue-fr

Edited by lopburi3

I got the Lava 5" Super Combo... OK I am on contract and got mine as a upgrade from 2 G to 4 G, 2 months ago, cost was 1.299 baht with 200 baht free calls for 6 months [AIS]

noticed yesterday they were selling the same phones in the phone stalls inside Big C, for 2,790 baht.. and the 4" for 2,190 baht.

post-42643-0-23850500-1461377873_thumb.j

Edited by ignis

any deals on data with that package and how much are you paying per month can I ask?

You can check on AIS website for all deals....... many things factor in, for me I am on the 199 baht per month contract on that phone...

as a note: was on AIS contract from 2003, then changed to Hutch, until True bought out Hutch, thankfully True contract was only 6 month.. hopeless, so many places I go to could not get a signal, even in the house had to go into the garden or upstairs [only worked in bathroom] so went back to AIS.