Which Voip Companies Let You Top Up From Abroad Via Visa Card ?

Trevor

I've been using Voipstunt for computer calls from Thailand. When my credit ran out they only gave me the option of paying by methods solely available in the UK, not even by Visa card, with which I made the initial payment of €10.

Voipbuster and Voipdiscount, all Swiss-registered companies, are the same. Even opening a new account entails answering your UK home phone with a security code to verify your ID, although they do accept Visa for the first top-up. This is all quite ridiculous and I will not deal with these Swiss timewasters any more.

Does Skype let you pay by Visa card without calling your home number for verification? Any other good Voip providers you can recommend? Many thanks.

Skype works fine, can use Visa and no call back.

Thanks. Skype is relatively expensive compared to the Swiss Voip companies, e.g. Thai Mobiles cost €0.11 per minute versus €0.01 .

Even a Baht 2 per minute mobile rate within Thailand is €0.04 . Are there any cheaper options than Skype?

It all depends on which countries you would like to call, i use a number of voip companies from different countries.

Which country would you like to call?

You can get a UK DID which deverts to a Thai number (costs about 3.5p a min)

PM if you would like to know more be more than willing to help you out.

Voipbuster and Voipdiscount, all Swiss-registered companies, are the same.

What, I wonder, made me think that these two VOIP providers are in Germany? Might it be because their websites say that they are in Köln (Cologne) and that I happen to know that this town is in Germany, and that the country code +49 of their phone and fax numbers is for Germany?

---------------

Maestro

Voipbuster and Voipdiscount, all Swiss-registered companies, are the same.

What, I wonder, made me think that these two VOIP providers are in Germany? Might it be because their websites say that they are in Köln (Cologne) and that I happen to know that this town is in Germany, and that the country code +49 of their phone and fax numbers is for Germany?

---------------

Maestro

They recently moved to Germany from Switzerland, and instituted the silly payment and identity rules for UK residents so they can't top-up existing accounts or open new ones from abroad. So I have to ask my mum to go to my UK flat and key-in the callback code. The grief they put customers through for their cheap €0.01 Thai mobile rates is ridiculous!

www.woize.com is way too expensive.

• 1 year later...

I have VOIP accounts with Gizmo Project, Truphone, and Vyke. I also signed up for Grandcentral, which appears not to be accepting new members any longer. I have ended up with two free US DIDs and one free UK DID all of which ring my Nokia phone whenever it is registered to a wifi network, which is any time I am at home or within range of wifi. I found that for outgoing calls to the US I get the best call quality, and no annoying delay, when using Truphone. Unfortunately it is also the most expensive at 6.5 US cents per min to almost anywhere. Vyke is by far the cheapest with a flat rate of 4 US cents per call (talk as long as you want) to Europe and N. America, but it sounds terrible. Gizmo is in between. None of them have any annoying ring-back requirements and all accept credit cards.

Why not just use Deecall? (www.deecall.com) Pay at Counter Service at 7-11. No issues. Rates on par of any of the others, local servers so no issues with internet, and can get DID's in over a dozen countries.

Is there a reason why your service has to be overseas?

• 1 year later...

All the betamax voip clones (Voipcheap, smartvoip, voipbuster, nonoh, freecall, rynga, justvoip, jumblo, actionvoip, voipblast, voipdiscount) are all belongs to one company. (or 2 companies).

For the past several years, that company betamax is located in Germany.

They offer almost 30+ websites (voip) and with 10 Euro credit with them we can place 120 days free calls to many popular destinations like USA, UK, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.,

Even some of them provide free calls to Thailand landline and mobiles.

Google for 'Betamax price comparison' and you will get a website where you can see all the rates.

But this betamax company is very famous for not maintaining the rates. They may raise the price at any time even if you have credit in your account.

So always better go with either 5 or 10 euro credits.

If you register your Thailand address, for sure you will get confirmation call to your Thailand number only.

Lately, for the Thailand users, they give only very few options to refill the account. - Ukash, Wester Union, Resellers.

If Credit Card / Paypal option is not there in your buy credit action, get the voucher(s) from the local resellers.

You can send them Baht in the local bank transfer and you can get the voucher.

I can say that betamax clones are much cheaper than skype and other VOIP providers.

Even you can set up this VOIP SIP account in fring and other mobile phone applications. And if we get a LINKSYS PAP2T VOIP Adapter, we can get this working using normal telephone / cordless even without a computer. (Hi-speed internet necessary, ofcourse!)

Good points ^^^

Before VoIP, Betamax is a Sony brand of video format. You know those tapes before VHS?

Anyways, I agree with SIP type VoIP (not sure if Skype is SIP by now), it works with ATA device like the Linksys you mentioned and you can use your VoIP service now without a computer. I have a VoIP service with Onesuite.com and it works flawlessly with my Grandstream ATA device and I top it up through Paypal.