Thai Air Force preparing to allow women to apply as transport pilots

webfact

Royal Thai Air Force preparing to allow women to apply as transport pilots

BANGKOK, 3 February 2016 (NTT) - The Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) is preparing to allow women to apply as transport pilots within 2016 and is considering increasing its benefits.

RTAF Commander-in-Chief ACM Treetod Sonjance revealed that his military branch is requesting that the Ministry of Defense allow women to apply as transport pilots.

If approved, the RTAF will establish a one- to three-year program with five female pilots. Applicants must possess the necessary education and physical requirements. ACM Treetod says he is hopeful that the RTAF can accept applications within 2016.

ACM Treetod also acknowledged the situation of pilots resigning to work for commercial airlines due to higher compensation. The RTAF is therefore considering increasing its compensation and benefits to reduce the brain drain.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-03 footer_n.gif

Good this a step in the right direction. Many other countries have woman pilots flying fighter jets.

A stout figure and more mass in the legs makes for an improved ability to deal with high G forces. Thus a woman in general is more suited to being a fighter pilot or astronaut.

Great news this, as my now 13yr old daughter is interested in the military, but most armed forces academies are male only. She could become a pilot :-).

Edited by Gulfsailor

Good this a step in the right direction. Many other countries have woman pilots flying fighter jets.

A stout figure and more mass in the legs makes for an improved ability to deal with high G forces. Thus a woman in general is more suited to being a fighter pilot or astronaut.

Great news this, as my now 13yr old daughter is interested in the military, but most armed forces academies are male only. She could become a pilot :-).

On what planet does an average woman in general have more mass in the legs compared to average man? Because it's not earth. Not an expert but i would assume it's the muscle mass that determine how well you can handle G-forces, not fat.

As small as the RTAF is and considering it's an Air Force that almost entirely stays home versus routinely doing multi-month deployment to foreign countries, their pay and benefits must be low if they are experiencing a pilot shortage.

On what planet does an average woman in general have more mass in the legs compared to average man? Because it's not earth. Not an expert but i would assume it's the muscle mass that determine how well you can handle G-forces, not fat.

Like you say; you're not an expert. In general women can handle G forces better than men.

Edited by Gulfsailor

Like you say; you're not an expert. In general women can handle G forces better than men.

[/quote

Women also look a lot better than men in g-strings

I like to see women doing many of the roles of men, and many women are just as good at most things as men, but I do draw the line at them being in front line combat.

But anyway good on the Military, it can only mean that the pool in which to recruit transport pilots has doubled, therefore the quality of pilots should improve meaning the difference between the top and the best of the rest will have halved.