Booking.com hotel booked online with credit card but must stil pay at counter?

Sandman77

Have used booking dot com quite a bit on the mobile app.

Generally cannot book untill the day before or on the day I need a hotel .

Seems the app now "understands" this and from time to time have an email offering some crazy discounts.

The last one I took up was for the following day ( a friday night stay ) at the Landmark on Sukhumvit , standard room 750thb with a 50% offer on the buffet breakfast if i wanted.

When booking I declined but ended up having breakfast and on the off chance asked if i could take up the offer still , was told no as it was a combined offer promotion , however they honoured so quedos to them.

Edited by The Big Mango

I have used booking often and the hotel determines it which way it wants....

In Los most of the time I paid at counter - only on koh samet they charged my cc at time of booking...

Once I wanted to shorten my stay by a day but no go...they charged me T time of arrival...

The only safe reliable hotel discount booking website is AGODA

There's nothing wrong with Booking.com. You can usually do a bit better on price than with AGODA. AGODA always quote prices before service charge and VAT. Booking.com include it.

So stupid them to ask card number if you have to pay at the desk later...

Its a sure way to guarantee a booking. If you don't turn up, they'll deduct some money from your card. If you turn up, you can pay in cashand save some money from bad exchange rates your bank would charge.

It depends on the deal you take. The cheapest deals are non-refundable and they'll charge the whole stay if you don't turn up.

"Agoda always quote prices before service charge and VAT. Booking.com include it."

No, at least on the mobile app, Agoda now includes the option to show all-in prices. And depending on the country, sometimes there are taxes and such not included in Booking.com's rates. You always have to read the fine print.

The only safe reliable hotel discount booking website is AGODA

Hotels . Com has been the Best thing ever, Never a problem in 10 years, every 10 nights gets u a free night, I wouldn't use another site...

Simple Email the hotel yourself and pay on arrival. Never found any booking site that is cheaper than an email asking for best price in Thailand

hotels have rules now, u have to use booking sites to get the best price, we walk into hotels all the time and they said book hotel on sites, When is the last time you stayed in a hotel???