Thai TV.....programing

Daniel Ingalls

I've been watch Thai TV for the past 7 years. I am well a where of the control by the Government of TV programming, and what the Thai people can watch.

​But the blurring out of videos of people with tobacco products, and the drinking of alcohol products is simply silly. even though we an not see it, we know exactly

what is being blurred. The cleavage displayed is blurred, but we know what is being denied by the Government. When we watch the news we see suspects with

handcuffs blurred. Why? Sometimes we see people who have been in accidents, or been murdered. Again the image is blurred out. Why blur it? Just don't show it, and the handcuffs? What is so terrifying about handcuffs. I see Thai police everyday walking around with handcuffs on their belts. I see guns on their belts, but why blur them on the news? I know the intentions are well meant not to expose young children to such horrible deed men and woman do. Some times it is better

for the young mines to see and understand right from wrong. On TV I see commercials advertising sanitary napkins. Why isn't the product blurred? Why isn't the shelves at Super Big C blurring from sight all the alcohol product from the view of young eyes? How about all the piles of Bra's and female underwear? This could go on and on. I see so many other things that need to be blurred. How about signs on the street written in English and Thai, "No one under 18 allowed past this point?" Females with cleavage showing not allowed to sit outside on these streets. Cigarettes not allowed in public period. No advertisements of alcohol on billboards or displayed in windows allowed. Using the name Bar, Cocktail, Club, promoting alcohol use prohibited. Finely the selling of alcohol bulk is only allowed from 11:00 to 2:00 and 5:00 to 0:200 This another Government control. People are going to buy alcohol regardless what time of the day it is. The average person will buy a supply of beverages to last him/her several days. So what is accomplished by setting hour limits? This is long over due for some changes the way the government regulates. Is there a time frame for the sale of tobacco products? Does Thailand have such a problem with alcoholism in midday that we need to regulate its sale? These are just a few of things I would like to see changed to a more realistic control. As far as the little ones, it is the parents responsibility to raise them. Blurring out products stirs inquisitive young minds.."What is that mom or Dad" don't try to hide it by blurring. Yet, they already know

I've been watching Thai TV for the past 7 years. - You must have amazing powers of endurance if it`s taken you 7 years before cracking up. Most people go insane within the first week of watching that crap.

I have been ignoring it ever since I started visiting Thailand 11 years ago.

You guys have to much time on your hands.

NorthernJohn said - "I have been ignoring it ever since I started visiting Thailand 11 years ago. You guys have to much time on your hands."

This from someone with 6,816 posts to Thai Visa!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by JLT

I've been watching Thai TV for the past 7 years. - You must have amazing powers of endurance if it`s taken you 7 years before cracking up. Most people go insane within the first week of watching that crap.

Sometimes I am sitting on my computer in our living room pursuing my ridiculous little interests when my girlfriend turns on the TV to watch the Thai soap operas. Just hearing them makes my eye twitch and blood pressure increase to dangerously high levels. It`s always been my dream to be given a role in a film or a TV drama, but would never want bestowed upon me an appearance in a Thai soap opera, just for the shear embarrassment of it. Has to be the worse TV productions in the world.

Thai tv shows are indeed mind numbingly bad, but I wonder whether western tv is really much better? Apart from the IQ destroying soaps we also have reality tv which would be an insult to the intellect should one have one to be insulted. Even when at home I can usually only suffer so much.

I enjoy the footage of Thais crashing everything on wheels shows. It makes me drive cautiously and reminds how lucky I am to be alive when I park my motorbike each day or when a bus trip ends uneventful.

As for the rest of it my wife enjoys it. We all have our guilty pleasures, why would I want to change hers, she's a nice person.

Sometimes I am sitting on my computer in our living room pursuing my ridiculous little interests when my girlfriend turns on the TV to watch the Thai soap operas. Just hearing them makes my eye twitch and blood pressure increase to dangerously high levels. It`s always been my dream to be given a role in a film or a TV drama, but would never want bestowed upon me an appearance in a Thai soap opera, just for the shear embarrassment of it. Has to be the worse TV productions in the world.

Yah, the soaps are the pits. The only one I endured was Samee Teetra but that was only because of the two main actresses, 'Ploy' Cherman Boonyasak and 'Jui' Warrataya Nikhua. It's the long stares and grimacing looks that get me, talk about overdone. You can just imagine the director. "Hey guys I watched X actor in an western action film give somebody a 5 second stare. Worked really well. So let's go 30 seconds plus each time. That's gotta be even better right?"

As for the other stuff, especially the god awful talent shows, quizzes and game shows. They must be on a commission to see how many late 60s sound effects they can cram into every show.

It's like watching Top Cat or Yogi Bear but with people, and even those two shows didn't OD on the sound effects.

Edited by SooKee