pouring a concrete floor, what is the best way for soundproofing between floors

So i have a 2 storey building under construction now and I would like to know what is the best way to make the floor as to make it the most soundproof between rooms on the first and second floor.

Normally the thai builders first put a lot of these 35cm wide concrete plates and after that pour concrete over it.

Would it be better to pour the whole floor in 1 piece without using the plates (and of course use more and thicker steel).

I already have a lot of plywood laying around that I can use for scaffolding.

Concrete floors normally don't let so much sound through and I'd say the total mass of concrete is the important factor.....i.e. The thicker the better, but thicker means more steel and concrete and even post tensioning for a large span.

Careful of the carrying capacity of those columns. Exceed them and soundproofing is not the issue.

Concrete floors normally don't let so much sound through and I'd say the total mass of concrete is the important factor.....

Hmmm. Yes and no. Airborne noise is quite effectively reduced by concrete but impact noise is hardly reduced at all, as those who live in a condo below anyone with flat feet will know to their eternal regret.

There is nothing you can do to the concrete to help this (apart from pouring it very thick which is probably impractical): you need two disassociated layers with insulation in-between to have any effect. So the important thing is NOT to suspend the false ceiling below directly from the concrete above, which is what just about every condo developer here does. Spend your money on that and you will never look back.

Is the OP's desire to reduce noise from upper floor to lower floor, or from lower floor to upper floor?

Methods and treatment are different in each case.

Agreed.

Which is very tied up with what type of noise you are particularly concerned about.

i.e.

Heavy metal music.

Furniture being moved.

Luton Girls Choir

T.V downstairs same time sleeping upstairs.

Are u thinking any of these are going to be a particular nuisance?

Is the OP's desire to reduce noise from upper floor to lower floor, or from lower floor to upper floor?

Methods and treatment are different in each case.

both would be nice but most noise usually comes from people stamping their feet in the floor above