Misinformation or change in policy for UK visitor visa for Thai wife

No sign of Jimbob.......... I wonder if kept the 17th February appointment ?

Looks like you're off the Christmas card list.

wink.png

LOL! :)

I think so, especially as I have written to the British Embassy to ask them to clarify why they appear to have issued a UK visa on the 1st May for a visit commencing 15th July.

I am traveling with wife arriving in the UK on the 27th of June, leaving the UK on the 27th July.

My wife's 6 month visitor visa is being sponsored by my sister. My sister, being the organized person she is, has got all paperwork together already and is sending it tomorrow. I'm now worried that if we don't apply soon, the paperwork will be too old. What is:

1. The earliest date we can complete the online application and book an appointment?

2. The earliest date she can attend an appointment to apply at VFS in Bangkok.

Thanks.

Three months before the intended date of travel; the date you want the visa to start..

For both? Or can I do the online application more than three months before and make the appointment for less than 3 months?

You can't make the appointment until you've completed the online application.

The online application wont let you move on past the start date if you ask for a start date more then 3 months ahead.

• Like 1

When you apply on-line it will ask do you intend to travel within the next 3 months, If you click no it wont let you go any further,if you click yes it takes you to the application page where it asks when do you intend to Travel?

We were precise and choose a date in July,visa granted.