Unusual ideas for Valentines Day?

Cinderella Man

I'm thinking about doing something "different" on Valentines Day... let's be honest - you can have a fancy dinner 364 other days without the 50-200% "love tax"

This makes it very lame and overpriced option imo.

I'm trying to Google some other options the last few days but so far nothing that would catch my eye.

Any ideas?

- up to 3 hours drive from BKK

- budget ideally up to 10000 baht

Last year went to some indie music concert at Museum Siam, I forgot the name of it. Then it's a short walk to the bridge near wat arum, which was packed full of people taking photos. It went down well and cost about 500bt.

I'm not sure what music fairs/festivals are happening this weekend, but there must be something.

Last year went to some indie music concert at Museum Siam, I forgot the name of it. Then it's a short walk to the bridge near wat arum, which was packed full of people taking photos. It went down well and cost about 500bt.

I'm not sure what music fairs/festivals are happening this weekend, but there must be something.

"It went down well and cost about 500bt."

What more could you wish for.

My first choice would be the Live performance of Dracula, which is on from the 12th Feb to 6th March

It's being performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company with some Thai actors.

You are invited to experience the most terrifying and erotic stage show that Thailand
has ever seen, starring HUGO CHAKRABONGSE, MYRA MOLLOY and JOE DIXON.
The classic tale of DRACULA is the known world over, but this time, it is completely
re-imagined by a world-class creative team direct from London's West End and Broadway,
and features an international and Thai cast.

ABOUT THE SHOW
From the creative minds behind “Joseph and The Technicolor Dreamcoat”, “Saturday Night Fever”, “Taboo” and “Rat Pack Live in Las Vegas”, Ewing Entertainment brings a terrifying new stage production by American Playwright Steven Dietz.

This dramatic stage adaptation is based on the original text by Bram Stoker, featuring Thai / British singer and performer HUGO Chakrabongse as DRACULA, and the premiere season winner of Thailand's Got Talent, MYRA MOLLOY along with Joe Dixon from The Mummy Returns.

The show features breathtaking physical theater performers directed by Simeon John-Wake, renowned actors from the Royal Shakespeare Company, mind-boggling illusions created by Magic Circle Magician John Bulleid, spine-tingling sound design by Thai sound designer Tada Mitrevej, Knight of Illumination Award winning lighting designer, Ben Cracknell, all encompassed by the most ingenious stage set by Sean Cavanagh and under-pinned by Tony and Drama Desk Award nominee Kevan Frost's bone-chilling music score.

Set in 1897, but thoroughly contemporary, the production features stunningly unique costume design by designer Rachael Forbes, recently commissioned to work on designs for Sarah Brightman's 2015 World Tour.

DRACULA - BLOOD IS LIFE is directed by renowned theater director Joe Harmston, who has directed Some of the greatest actors in theater.
  • ENGLISH - with THAI SUBTITLES
  • This is NOT a Show for children.
  • Rated 12+

Show opens on the 12th of February, featuring the Royal Shakespeare Company's brightest new star - William Belchambers as DRACULA, for 5 preview performances only.
12 th - 14 th February 2016.

HUGO Chakrabongse will incarnate DRACULA from the 18th of February until the 6th of March 2016.

My girlfriend and I will definitely be going.
Edited by seancbk