How long is residence certificate valid?

I got two residence certificates today and used one for my Thai license already. I want to use other to buy moto scooter next week. My tourist visa expires Friday same day I fly to Philippines for a couple days then back for visa exempt entry. Which I will renew for thirty then get a more permanent visa. Does my residence certificate expire when tourist visa expires friday or does it have own expiration date!?

Maybe it does but all written in Thai. here it is if anyone can read when it expires.

My wife says that the last line say that:" this certificate expire 30 days after the date of issue"

This is the bold script under the Immigration phone and fax number.

Edited by cnx355
  • Like 1

Maybe it does but all written in Thai. here it is if anyone can read when it expires.

My wife says that the last line say that:" this certificate expire 30 days after the date of issue"

This is the bold script under the Immigration phone and fax number.

Correct

A little of topic but I paid 500 baht for mine at Sakon Nakhon Imm office to renew my drivers......is that the norm?. I just thought it was a little over the top, considering the cost of the license is far less. I was also suspicious because I was laughed at and refused when I asked for a receipt??

The certificate should have a date for when it expires or a statement that it is only valid for 30 days from the date it was issued.

As always, Joe is correct.

I have one in my hand now and it states that it is valid for 30 days.

My question:

I have not used mine yet for the reason I got it ( drivers licence ) and it expires on Sunday 14 Feb.

Can I stop by Immigration tomorrow with my current certificate and get it extended or renewed, or must I submit the required documents again and apply for a new one?

• 3 years later...

Its now 2.53am and I got an alarm set for 6.30 to head to pattaya dlt but actually I'm pretty sure I won't be waking up. I'm also heading to Oz for a week tomorrow.

Checked my cert that I spent half day getting the other day and definitely no mention of an expiry date.

Hopefully it's good for 30 days at least.

Edited by sikishrory