IV Sedation

nellyp

I am trying to find out if any dentists in my area can supply IV sedation for me. I live near Uttaradit but would be willing to travel. My big problem seems to be explaining what it is. Does anybody know the Thai phrase for this? I would be very grateful for any hellp.

Cheers

Yes, only in a major hospital - and you will have some trouble getting them to do it there, though some TV members have reported success in getting IV valium or the like. You may have to pay an additional fee for an anesthesiologist in order to get this, though.

Go to the dental dept of a major hospital and discuss with them.

Just been told by a clinic in BKK that the cost would be 50-100 thousand depending on the treatment. they also told me that it is illegal for a clinic to give the treatment (along with some others)

Based on my own experience when I inquired about IV sedation for my dental treatment, dental clinics in Thailand do not practice both IV and Gas sedation dentistry, even on major hospitals. However, additional Oral sedation may be requested in combination with the local anesthesia for anxious patients. General anaesthesia (Sleep Dentistry) is usually carried out for more complex dental surgery cases but the clinic (Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic) performs this in various partner-hospitals around Bangkok. This was what my dentist told me when I inquired about anesthetic procedures for my treatment.

Based on my own experience when I inquired about IV sedation for my dental treatment, dental clinics in Thailand do not practice both IV and Gas sedation dentistry, even on major hospitals. However, additional Oral sedation may be requested in combination with the local anesthesia for anxious patients. General anaesthesia (Sleep Dentistry) is usually carried out for more complex dental surgery cases but the clinic (Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic) performs this in various partner-hospitals around Bangkok. This was what my dentist told me when I inquired about anesthetic procedures for my treatment.

Did they give you a price?