NCPO threatens to summon critics of charter draft

webfact

Junta Threatens to Summon Critics of Charter Draft
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14550808161455080904l.jpg
unta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks at a Feb. 2 meeting at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Anyone who criticizes the new constitution drafted recently by a junta-appointed body risks being summoned for a “discussion” with the military junta, a spokesman warned yesterday.

The warning Tuesday from junta spokesman Piyapong Klinpan came at the same time military forces are being dispatched to local communities across the country to tout the new charter draft, which will go to a vote in July.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455080816

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-10

Like it, be happy OR ELSE!

Cant see the problem as writing in the article.

“We will invite them for discussions to create understanding, for the sake of a reconciliatory atmosphere,” Piyapong told reporters. “We will invite them for a talk on a personal basis. In the past, we have talked with many people, and they gave us good cooperation.

People just need a personal explanation, then the problem is solved. wai2.gif

Wow, this is looking like becoming an even bigger farce than the 2007 referendum,

"It is now obvious that the military junta have no intention of conducting a clean and democratic referendum on their new constitution. While the government is shamelessly spending millions of the public's baht on propaganda urging the population to vote "yes" and accept the constitution, those who are opposed to it are prevented from campaigning properly by arrests, threats and a total lack of access in the media. The referendum cannot therefore be regarded as democratic, according to any international or Thai standards..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_constitution_of_Thailand#Criticisms_of_the_referendum

Sound familiar??

The guy has to work hard to put things back in order. After those years when democracy was trying ti take over,and rule improperly. Not easy maintaining a military led government in these times. Why does the rest of the world not understand the rich and intelligent must rule the poor and stupid. Once everyone understands this, his mandate will be clearly obvious...And the whole world will love him and everyone will be happy.

Ya right.

Edited by lovelomsak

Like it, be happy OR ELSE!

Cant see the problem as writing in the article.

“We will invite them for discussions to create understanding, for the sake of a reconciliatory atmosphere,” Piyapong told reporters. “We will invite them for a talk on a personal basis. In the past, we have talked with many people, and they gave us good cooperation.

People just need a personal explanation, then the problem is solved. wai2.gif

Yep they are so nice and cooperative that some people that have dared to question certain aspects of it have been carted off for AA. And the same has been threatened here....

I am sure their interpretation of good cooperation is "they turned up, agreed with everything we said then shut up" rolleyes.gif

Edited by mrrizzla

Do they really think that these tactics are going to work. What you are doing are arresting anyone who given a negative few on the character.

Not sure how you see it, but it current _is_ working haha

Thing is, smart people and those in position of power (read those as 2 seperate entities, I'm not referring that people in power are by default smart...as these guys keep proving day after day) rely on the stupid folks to not realise that they have strengh in numbers. I mean to say, it doesn't help if there is a random group fighting against the big guys and being left on their own, too few, too powerless.

However, if "everyone" stands up and starts marching, you then have the supreme power of the nation moving to make a change and there is no goverment that can stop that....besides mowing them down by the thousands which is likely to get worldwide attention and would be detrimental in whatever action they would take. Fear for their lives however is a big thing to people worldwide.

Fortunately Thailand isn't able to play dangerous games like North Korea, so the hesitation of things escalating wouldn't be near as worrysome.

Yes, unfortunately the "D word" is off limits when discussing the current regime.

Yes, Democrazy is a bad word thumbsup.gif

Do they really think that these tactics are going to work. What you are doing are arresting anyone who given a negative few on the character.

Not sure how you see it, but it current _is_ working haha

Thing is, smart people and those in position of power (read those as 2 seperate entities, I'm not referring that people in power are by default smart...as these guys keep proving day after day) rely on the stupid folks to not realise that they have strengh in numbers. I mean to say, it doesn't help if there is a random group fighting against the big guys and being left on their own, too few, too powerless.

However, if "everyone" stands up and starts marching, you then have the supreme power of the nation moving to make a change and there is no goverment that can stop that....besides mowing them down by the thousands which is likely to get worldwide attention and would be detrimental in whatever action they would take. Fear for their lives however is a big thing to people worldwide.

Fortunately Thailand isn't able to play dangerous games like North Korea, so the hesitation of things escalating wouldn't be near as worrysome.

Yes, unfortunately the "D word" is off limits when discussing the current regime.

Yes, Democrazy is a bad word thumbsup.gif

"Fortunately Thailand isn't able to play dangerous games...."

Sorry, but I think they will go to any lengths if they feel that their grip on power is threatened.

Any doubts that the upcoming referendum is fair and democratic have been taken away. There is only the illusion of choice.

People that are against this constitution are not allowed an audience, so the army's propaganda machine will march unhindered.

I hope the opponents don't boycott this farce, but use it to vote no.

Sorry, but I think they will go to any lengths if they feel that their grip on power is threatened.

I'm not stating that they wouldn't go full retard and shoot their own people, I was referring to them not having nukes to keep foreign powers from meddling with their business instead of pussyfooting around as it's being done with North Korea and that adult child in power over there.

Hardly newsworthy as we all know 98.88% of voters are happy with the way things are going. The 1.12% that aren't? Call the ingrates in for a chat so they can learn to be more appreciative of the good work being done on their behalf. thumbsup.gif

Will the outside world also be summoned?

"Foreign diplomats queried the merits of the draft charter Tuesday, raising questions as to how the draft could prevent the country from plunging back into political conflict."

Foreign diplomats queried what?? These Thanksgiving birds are not interested. They could NOT care a R'sA about the people here both local and expats. Embassies are rich plumbs for the faithful government grunts. I would like to see Michael Moore do an expose on them sometime. Edited by elgordo38

Will the outside world also be summoned?

"Foreign diplomats queried the merits of the draft charter Tuesday, raising questions as to how the draft could prevent the country from plunging back into political conflict."

Foreign diplomats queried what?? These Thanksgiving birds are not interested. They could NOT care a R'sA about the people here both local and expats. Embassies are rich plumbs for the faithful government grunts. I would like to see Michael Moore do an expose on them sometime.

For your info M. Moore is in the hospital fighting pneumonia.